Rain Gear

let me stop you right there

I find it more medieval, but to each their own.

EDIT: Goddamnit Bexley.

And the sweat won’t dry because it’s trapped under your water proof jacket.

If you get rained on and are wearing someting other than heavy cotton, chances are a few minutes in the sun will dry it right now. This is one of spandex’s best features - dries out quick when the downpour is over.[/quote]

on my last unintentional rain ride all my important bits stayed wet for about an hour on my way home… although there wasn’t really any sun to dry off in, which is usually the case when its been raining.

let me stop you right there[/quote]

“dries out quick when the downpour is over”

This.

If you are commuting to work or out on a road ride. Whatever, no big deal. You can change when you get to your destination. It’s a different story if you can’t get out of the rain for hours and end up cold, wet, and miserable .

thinking about dropping some cash on some high end rain stuff.

anyone with experience using craft or pearlizumi softshell stuff?

If you get wet ass from riding a bike you’re doing it wrong.

road bike bro.

Superman?[/quote]

does it keep him dry?

i have a thin apex northface jacket that keeps me dry in light rain for 30-40 minutes, heavy rain less. it’s definitely breathable. they make pants too.
oregon cycling knickers wear out quick, but dry in about 10 minutes once your off the bike, swrve winter weight keep the rain out pretty good.

north face jacket for a lot of time in heavy rain wool for everything else

I’ve got a jacket and pants from O2. They make some shitty, paper-like stuff that falls apart after a season, bu they also make some nice stuff. Pit zips keep the waterproof jacket from being too hot. I’ve worn the whole suit over street clothes in pouring rain and been very happy on <30min rides. I do bring a new shirt with me to change into though.

Pro tip: Ride slow and you won’t get as hot.

yeah i saw some fixie dude the other day.
we both were riding in a medium type rain, my shorts, barely wet. ass completely dry. front of my shirt barely wet but back soaked (coz my pro fit lulz).
this dude though. ass crotch and inside of shorts legs totally soaked cuz either a shitty clip on rear or maybe no fenders at all.
i was jsut thinking. full length fenderz man. they fckn awzm.