random parts ya find that ya MUST HAVE

the other day i was at work and there was this dude that just had leg surgery talkin to my friend. the guy has this little contraption that he sets his knee on that has wheels so he can just wlk on the one leg and roll the other. i look down at the thing and it has this weird little brake lever on it. needless to say i talked the guy into giving it to me when he healed up, but it wasnt like it would look right on my bike or anything but my head just started going crazy thinkin off some sweet build using this brake. i couldnt stop messing with the thing until he had to leave.

kinda looney but just wondering if you guys have ever found something that you dont know what youd even do with it but you just really want it.

derailleurs!! where the fuck does this go…>!? hahaha

Well I once saw this really sweet 14" tube vase tinted blue with a cool kink in the middle at a flea market. Everything else was crap, and so was this, but it…just looked so cool. So I bought it and my friend drilled a hole in it near the bottom and now it’s my bong.

a girl

More maintenance than riding loose ball hubs/bottom bracket in monsoon season, but I agree.

[quote=“ocean”]derailleurs!! where the fuck does this go…>!? hahaha

Well I once saw this really sweet 14" tube vase tinted blue with a cool kink in the middle at a flea market. Everything else was crap, and so was this, but it…just looked so cool. So I bought it and my friend drilled a hole in it near the bottom and now it’s my bong.[/quote]

i loled

oh and my disc wheel is probably the epitome of the subject of this thread

that leader looks great with the bullhorns + disk

disc wheels on the street are retarded.

I don’t…blame you at all. Who doesn’t dream of riding next to a shadow made of spinning stars, like some sort of awesome fixie discotheque?

Meet me down at the Fixotheque on Saturday night

i lol’d for sure

The only must have part for me is a nitto crystal blue stem, I’d like an open faceplate quill- but salsa don’t really tickle my pickle.

Heh, I just bought one of those with ADB125s, kind of a ridiculous waste of money, but when you gotta have it…

I stumbled upon some nitto ADB-x bars in a bike shop in Detroit. I had no need for them and still don’t, but they’re cool as fuck and fun for short rides and should I ever decide to hit the velodrome I’ll throw them on. But they drop pretty damn low and because of the whole aerodynamic thing it hurts to grab the tops of them.

I also found some copper wire in my basement and decided to tie and solder my spokes. Neatest shit I’ve ever done to my bike. I ghost rode it at a fair rate of speed into a curb and blew the tire but the wheel was still perfectly true.

Awesome. I mess around with electronics quite a bit so I’ve always thought about soldering the spokes on one of my bikes, but never actually got around to it. If you ever want to unload the adb-xs drop me a line, that sounds like a killer find. The adb125s are similar but without the x-wing style drop in the flats.