Rear fender

looking for opinions on this fender or similar fender.

better than nothing, and will keep you from having a skunk stripe, and not much else.

i guess their cheap enough that if it sucks it’s not the end of the world

I cannot imagine it will work well at all. Probably worse than a raceblade. Your legs will be soaked, and the shit hitting you from the front tire is going to soak your face.

It will stop the skunk I guess. I’ve gotten to the point that it’s full fenders or nothing.

I’ve gotten a lot of service out of one. Don’t expect to keep dry in a downpour, but it keeps rooster-tail off your back.

rooster tail is my main concern. when i start commuting to work again a may look into full fenders . . . . . or drive to work. Right now I ride from my job to school (across the street) and around campus so I won’t be spending enough time on my bike to get all that wet.

I just want something i can throw on or take off depending on the weather

[quote=“anthegreat1”]rooster tail is my main concern. when i start commuting to work again a may look into full fenders . . . . . or drive to work. Right now I ride from my job to school (across the street) and around campus so I won’t be spending enough time on my bike to get all that wet.

I just want something i can throw on or take off depending on the weather[/quote]

Thats how I feel.
I need to get one of these for the John Deere.

i have that fender. it does its job.

i’m ordering one now.

got any pics of it on your bike?

It’s a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Planet bike makes a nice one that goes down past the brake bridge and connects to the seat tube for more coverage. But it’s a little more permanent.

For the seatpost clip-on style, the one pictured is really nice. Easy on and off. Angle adjustment and wide coverage too.

I use this one, my ass has never gotten wet since buying it.

nah, no pics of it on my bike.
it’s pretty low key, and nice cause you can pop it off when you lock up. i throw mine in my bag when i go into class.
it does a pretty good job of keeping my back and my ass dry.

I like my “Flamingo” If you ride a frame size ~56 or bigger you can get it between the seat stays above the brake bridge. If you actually care about staying dry get full fenders.

i was looking at the flamingo but all the reviews i saw said it was kinda cheaply made . . . . .but then again they probably used it on a MTB

I’ve got the first fender. Like everyone else said, it’s fine for just keeping rain off your ass. I read somewhere on the internets that somehow the latching mechanism would come off on occasion. I put a zip-tie around it just in case. To take it off, I just slide the zip-tie over that round part.

danger_scott did you say john deere? go internantional

One time I sold a bike to a dude and it had one of those on it and he was like “what do you want for the fender?” and I was like “dude, pleez just take it.”

its an okay fender.

i like the fender in the op. it worked okay, kept water off my back. it’s easy to take on and off.