Recommend a Wheel Truing Stand?

Park TS-2 /end thread

The Park TS-2 really is that good, mostly because it’s convenient. For truing rotors, get a mag base and a dial indicator from harbor freight for $20.

i’ve got a crappy one but it works.
just ogtta flip the wheel around to get the dish right.
oh yeah, i only paid $5 for it at swap meet. i guess it’s paid for itself more than a few times.

Park TS-2. I’ve built several wheelsets with them, and all came out strong, true and fun to ride and stayed that way.

Also, the Tensiometer is a good idea. When I’m in a living situation where I don’t have access to good tools (like I do now), I’ll get a TS-2 and the Park Tensiometer. There are more expensive tensiometers that are (allegedly) more precise, but you don’t need that level of precision to build great wheels, IMO.

Also, the Park 4-sided spoke wrenches are great. I feel like I can get a little bit higher tension in the spokes than with the 2-sided one before the nipples start rounding off.

Damn, I wish the freight on the TS2 wasn’t such a killer. Everyone charges US$100+ to freight one to Australia. But they still end up about US$150 cheaper than if I paid retail for one over here. Maybe one day…