Road Bikes

That mercian is what I dream about at night…

I sold this:

And the $ received from it allowed me to pay for 90% of this:

Because I needed something to do training on and you can only do so much with a brakeless track bike. Litespeed Arenberg with full Campy Chorus

[quote=“gyeswho”]I sold this:
And the $ received from it allowed me to pay for 90% of this:

[/quote]
hoo-baby

the first bike i raced on was a litespeed-built eddy merckx. great bike but it felt a bit too whippy for my taste. great ride, tho.

Thanks, but my wifes love for me in allowing all of my bike clutter is more amazing then the house!

Not road bikes but…

lemme know if you ever have a garage sale. i would totally take that phonebooth off your hands.

Glad to see this thread has been doing well in my absence. I was planing on having mine up and running today but the tropical storm outside dissuaded me from biking the 30k treck to get my fork back from getting chromed. Nice bikes guys.

This thread is going to propel me to get my bike looking decent enough for photographs. It’s a Gunnar Roadie, full nine-speed Ultegra, etc. I’ll post it when my new Fizik tape arrives.

Fizik is by far my favorite tape.
So good, and cheap.

I used Fizik forever, but had recently decided only to use cork tape in the future, since it offers a little more padding and is generally cheaper, but then I got a cool grey Tioga Spyder saddle for free (which I love), and the only tape in the QBP catalog that matches is the gray Fizik tape, so I’m back to where I started from.

There is one for sale locally w/ Chorus 8 group, dude wants about $400 too much for it though =/

Yeah, I’ve used a whole grip of different bar tape (including “womens” types) looking for something that works for me, I dont like the really fat feeling of squishy tape. Fizik really did it for me, and I dont think I’ll ever look back, plus its only like 8 or 9 bucks a box.

A shitty picture of my daily rider.

Oh, and plus :bear: on the Fizik tape. Best shit ever.

[quote=“kyle!”]A shitty picture of my daily rider.

Oh, and plus :bear: on the Fizik tape. Best shit ever.[/quote]

is yours heavy as fuck? I cant tell what model that one is, but my schwinn is a goddamned boat anchor.
That frame looks like one my friend recently converted, what year/model is it?

damn, i want another road bike so bad.

someone give me a new job so i can afford to have nice things.

[quote=“frankstoneline”]

is yours heavy as fuck? I cant tell what model that one is, but my schwinn is a goddamned boat anchor.
That frame looks like one my friend recently converted, what year/model is it?[/quote]

Not really too heavy. It’s an '84 Super Sport. It has Tange Champion tubing which is some of their lower end stuff I guess. It’s no lightweight, but it’s no Varsity either. It’s probably the heaviest I’d want a bike to be. I’ve never weighed it, but I’d guess it would be somewhere around 24 lbs, give or take.

Edit:whoa Jim, where’d your Metal go?

[quote=“kyle!”][quote=“frankstoneline”]

That frame looks like one my friend recently converted, what year/model is it?[/quote]

Not really too heavy. It’s an '84 Super Sport. It has Tange Champion tubing which is some of their lower end stuff I guess. It’s no lightweight, but it’s no Varsity either. It’s probably the heaviest I’d want a bike to be. I’ve never weighed it, but I’d guess it would be somewhere around 24 lbs, give or take.[/quote]

alright, I dont know what mine weighs, I’m just spoiled by my BK, mine is just standard double butted cromo so its a bit heavier.

Yeah, going from my fixed to this was definitely lame for a minute. But now I’m used to it and when I hop on the Rush Hour it’s like whoa.

Now in dedicated hillclimb form.

Its for riding up the auto road on Mt Washington NH.

7.6 miles, Average 12% grade with long sections of 18% and the last 50 yards is 22%
no flat spots and no downhill.

If the weather is good this year I may ride up 4 times.

I’m hoping to ride the Pista up again.