rode my nice bike in snow, i'm feeling bad.

they are the tektro oryxs and I couldn’t be happier. That bike is stock.

seriously want cantis.

well from the ride, the sidewall to my gumwall tires are really clean now. i should do that more often

Just ordered the oryxs.

I hated the stock pads on those Tektros. Much better with Salmons.

The Oryx suck - send them back and get the Tektro 720s. So much better in every respect.

I intend on getting 720’s at some point. They really do a better job than the Oryx’s, but I have other shit to spend my money on right now.

Understood. But if I were buying new brakes, I’d definitely skip the Oryx and get the 720s instead.

when I saw the title of this thread, I thought It would be about eating shit in the snow.

Instead its about feeling bad about you bike?
Bikes dont have feelings there dirty whores.

Anybody have any feelings about the avid shorty 6’s? I just got a hell of a deal on a set, so I’ma give em a shot on my touring rig for a bit.

Shorty 6s are basically the same brake as the Oryx. I don’t like either, but they’re popular with some people so maybe they have better luck setting them up.

[quote=“guggles”]when I saw the title of this thread, I thought It would be about eating shit in the snow.

Instead its about feeling bad about you bike?
Bikes dont have feelings there dirty whores.[/quote]

i almost did a couple times. once in front of a cop and i was halfway drunk.

Well it’s a good thing I never got around to completing my order on those brakes.

the shorties seem to have lots of adjustment leeway, so I’m thinking I will be able to convert from 27 to 700 with em.

So what cantis should I get for the crosscheck?

720’s seem to be the choice of the crowd here. I can give you a more accurate overview of the avid’s by next weekend probably.

I like the IRD Cafam.

Had the Oryxs on a Raleigh One-Way and didn’t like them, used Avid Shortie 4’s on a cross bike before that and always had trouble setting them up.

720s - no doubt. This brake, or this style of brake, has become nearly standard in Cyclocross, and places like Rivendell and Velo Orange carry them and recommend them for touring and randonneuring use. They’re the best cantilever brakes I’ve ever used - I doubt I’d consider anything else.

i actually just picked up some 720s