Rollers, BPM, Intervals

Me and some buddies gonna get some rollers and do intervals for an hour one or two times a week.
I’m thinking four minute intervals. What kind of BPM should songs have to match that? What kind of BPM should you take it down to in the pauses? How long should the pauses be?
ideas people!

something I did recently
watch stars and watercarriers
anytime they show people riding, ride fast
anytime they show guys getting their shaved legs rubbed, cool it a bit.
i’ll probably upload it to youtube soon.

upload it!

Figured out that 90bpm while resting and 120bpm while spinning fast seems reasonable. Gonna get my bro to make some mixtapes.
What should downtimes be at?

im confuse bro

[quote=zooktruck]Figured out that 90bpm while resting and 120bpm while spinning fast seems reasonable. Gonna get my bro to make some mixtapes.
What should downtimes be at?[/quote]

are you planning on pedalling at 90rpms while rsting and 120rpms while doing an effort?
if not, music bmp doesnt matter. only particularly helpful when doing specifically high cadence intervals.

he’s getting a speedvagen, so he’s getting serious about his training.

he’s getting a speedvagen, so he’s getting serious about his training.[/quote]

[youtube]ppEW1C8sQsI[/youtube]

you could listen to this, but then you would have to spin at around 350rpm in a 60/11.

I once watched Star Wars: A New Hope, and went flat-out for 20 seconds every time C3PO said something negative/annoying. I was wrecked after 15 minutes. This also works with Empire Strikes Back/Wanting to fuck ewok collabo.
I will have to try the stars and watercarriers one, nothing makes me want to ride more than that movie.

[quote=aerobear][quote=zooktruck]Figured out that 90bpm while resting and 120bpm while spinning fast seems reasonable. Gonna get my bro to make some mixtapes.

are you planning on pedalling at 90rpms while rsting and 120rpms while doing an effort?
if not, music bmp doesnt matter. only particularly helpful when doing specifically high cadence intervals.[/quote]
That’s the plan. What kinda highs and lows should one work on?

[quote=zooktruck][quote=aerobear][quote=zooktruck]Figured out that 90bpm while resting and 120bpm while spinning fast seems reasonable. Gonna get my bro to make some mixtapes.

if not, music bmp doesnt matter. only particularly helpful when doing specifically high cadence intervals.[/quote]
That’s the plan. What kinda highs and lows should one work on?[/quote]

90rpm is sort of high for resting pace IMO.

120rpms for 2 minutes is a pretty good interval. If this isn’t challenging for you, make it longer.

2 minutes on, 3 minutes off would be pretty good. Don’t worry about the cadence during resting periods. It’ll be as slow as you need it to be, just keep your legs moving…

Did these x10 every week for a month. Sucked, but was helpful.
Did another high cadence intervals thing a different time, but i can’t remember the times. It was something like 30 on, 30 off, 30 on, rest, at 165rpms (usually takes me a few intervals to get really warmed up enough to do this)

90 is super high for resting yeah. Looking at all my dubstep it’s either 140 or 70 depending on you you look at it, which makes easier transitions into 130 area.

what are some good cheap rollers?

Nashbar ones.

This is what we’re going to do zook:

Tabata intervals to Chris de Burgh

Does anyone use the Sufferfest videos? If so, what stuff do i need to get the most out of them? Cadence and heart rate or just one or the other?

i got a dvd with my kurt kinetic and they kept talking about cadence and heart rate. if i can burn it, would you be interested?

No. I was asking if it was necessary for me to be able to measure my cadence and/or heart rate to properly use the sufferfest videos.