Saddles built for the elements?

I’m currently using a San Marco Corsaire from early 80’s/late 70’s, it’s on its last leg though.
I’m looking for a comfortable saddle that is going to withstand cold weather/rain/snow etc. etc.
I’ve really looked into the Brooks B17 but it seems like it’ll be a bitch to maintain with the snow.

PS. I’m moving to Chicago next fall for school so I’m trying to keep that in mind. What are you Chi-town cats riding on?

I love specialized BG mountain saddles. They will withstand anything you throw at em and come back for more and they’re super comfy and well designed. Ugly though so if that’s a big concern…

A leather saddle works fine in the snow/ rain/ whatever with an Aardvark saddle cover from velo orange.

http://www.velo-orange.com/aasaco.html

For, not from.

What is the ideal Chicago saddle?

?

Chicago dosn’t suck nearly as much as Indianapolis.
It still sucks though.

i love chicago. i ride one of of these.

?[/quote]
We don’t eat that flat nasty shit in the Chi.

I want a Chicago dog, like right now.

The “messenger bar” in Seattle has chicago dogs. Maybe I’ll ride my geared and fendered bike down there with my helmet and my lights and order a chicago dog and a sprite.

I just got back from a fifty mile ride through the corn fields of southern wisconsin.
When I saw the picture of the deep-dish pie, I actually experianced an olfacrory halucination.
I think I’ll go eat something.

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]I want a Chicago dog, like right now.

The “messenger bar” in Seattle has chicago dogs. Maybe I’ll ride my geared and fendered bike down there with my helmet and my lights and order a chicago dog and a sprite.[/quote]

are we thinkin the same place? if so, their dogs are terrible

:bear: on the plastic bag

I cover my b17 with a bread bag only when I’m leaving it locked up outside. It’s narrower and not as prone to holes as your standard plastic shoppin’ bag. No need to cover while riding with fenders.

is it still tarck if it’s from HEB rather than your local independent market?