Schwinn Paramount

new for 2009.

Yeah but it’s the 70th Anniversary model. They’re only making 70 of them and they’re all custom I believe.

Also going to cost a couple thousand.

This bike sucks. It’s like twice the cost of a 953 Waterford, and it comes with a fucking UNICROWN fork?! Further, the paint and decals are ugly.

Oooohh, but look at the swoopy lugggzzz…

The fork is unicrown because it’s carbon, the overall design looks like it’s trying to be too many things to too many people, and the price ($7000 per) is near laughable.

For just the frame? I would’ve spit stuff everywhere had I been eating when I read that. Thankfully I was not.

For just the frame? I would’ve spit stuff everywhere had I been eating when I read that. Thankfully I was not.[/quote]
That’s right! I had read that somewhere and forgotten what it was. They got a little carried away with 70. 70th anniv, 70 frame & fork sets, $7000? It’s pretty fucking ridiculous.

Definitely only for diehard Schwinn fans who’s first bike happened to be a Schwinn Paramount. They’ve also run into shit tons of money in their old age.

I would have picked one up for like $250.

how about $70?

For $70 I’d be giving them as X-Mas gifts.

Too bad I’d have bought all 70 in order to resell them for $7,000.

Reminds me of this paramount that’s been hanging in an LBS around here for some time.

Except not as cool.

I thought it was kind of cool in that modern lugged frames, especially to that much marksmanship, are a dime-in-a-dozen these days. Then I heard the price tag and amount produced - fuck that. Let the old folks relive their childhoods I guess…

Saw it in person with a camera in my hand…
didn’t take a pic 'cause it looked kinda shitty…
nuff said :colbert:

i dunno, i quite like it. although for $7000 that better be silver, not chrome.

Fugly.

You can get a real Paramount for a great deal less.

I really want a vintage Paramount racing bike. I really hope I have money someday. That bike is kind of ugly.

[quote=“barba”]You can get a real Paramount for a great deal less.

[/quote]

…that’s the bottom line, isn’t it? Fail.

I would rather have a Waterford RS22 in 953 with every option for $3300 and a very nice 60s Paramount track for the rest of the money.

Maybe the one guy who has a 38 Paramount track in MD will sell me his for $7000…

^ - Exactly. This one is from the C&V Forum. It’s basically the closest thing to a Paramount you’ll buy new, and it costs less than HALF of the $7000 for the new Paramount.