SF Bike Swap Meet 1/23

Meet at Dolores Park at high noon on Saturday, January 23rd to buy, sell, trade. The usual set-up spot is on the grass to the right of the tennis courts (facing Dolores Street near 18th).

want to go

in.

In, don’t have much to sell but I can browse and hang.

I’m mostly goin to browse and hang, as I have nothing to sell.

Need someone with a truck to transport my stuff for me.

no truck, but i can possibly help with the jazz. depending if i drive there or drive to oakland and catch bart

I have 2 frames, 10 wheels and about 40 gallons worth of containers full of parts to take

… haha. i really need to get a trailer. i could move frames and wheels, but idk about containers. at least not all of em

Would do this if I could get out of the house. That doesn’t seem likely, though. You could come borrow my truck, but it’s quirky, giant, and scary to drive.

looks like merckx is gonna get it :confused:

jk ima be in there like swimwear

Would do this if I could get out of the house. That doesn’t seem likely, though. You could come borrow my truck, but it’s quirky, giant, and scary to drive.[/quote]
I drove a 26’ manual box truck on very rural VA roads and in DC traffic for a living at one point. I’m really not worried about a little turbo diesel.

Death wobble, yo. Death wobble.

This.

I imagined you were competent enough. If you want it, come get it. I assume you have a valid license. The truck has full coverage, so I’m really not all that worried about it.

If you don’t think a beat ass 26’ box truck with 6 tons of shit in the back and 3 day laborers + me in the cab doesn’t have death wobble, I don’t know what does.

My other option was a 16’ box truck with an automatic. The problem with it was that it wouldn’t idle under 2800 RPM so I had to shift it into neutral every time I wanted to slow down and do a neutral drop every time I wanted to get moving again. I also had a double blowout on one of the dualie sides while driving it down a country road at one point. I hated that fucking truck.

I want to go, but my friends either have midterms next week or have no money. fml

I’ve driven a lot of beat-ass box trucks and none of 'em had DW. It’s something that usually only happens to trucks with big tires and usually lifted. Doesn’t matter, though as it doesn’t happen much any more and I’m sure you can handle it. Truck is here if you want it.

I’ve driven a lot of beat-ass box trucks and none of 'em had DW. It’s something that usually only happens to trucks with big tires and usually lifted. Doesn’t matter, though as it doesn’t happen much any more and I’m sure you can handle it. Truck is here if you want it.[/quote]
I guess I classify DW as any shimmy or shake that can get going so hard through a truck that makes it almost uncontrollable at speed, which that one definitely was.

I may pick it up tonight as I think I have too many parts for my friends car.

Or, as an alternative, I can come get the ones that don’t fit and bring them for you. If I put down the seats, the GTI can fit some shit.

In for tomorrow, don’t need a vehicle. (Papa Cole is driving me)