SHARTQ'S

[quote=JUGE FREDD]if you use a nice clamp

and there aren’t any burrs or distortions[/quote]
Mmmmaybe ill just stick with alh instrad. fhanks for the clarification!

Has anyone in Taiwan knocked off the Absolute Black subcompact chainring idea, yet? Preferably not oval.

Hey, what’s the good cheap chinacarbon road frameset to buy?

what kinda road bike? disk?

I bought an “FM 066SL” from “Hong-fu” a few years ago. it’s been great tbh. I think it was 500 or 600 delivered for frame, fork, headset and chairpole. it’s rim brake tho

edit: they don’t sell the 066 anymore http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_products/Road_Frame/index.html

but the 069 and 079 look similar. they were surprisingly helpful and sent me insanely detailed frame specs and drawings.

tapered fork threaded or press-fit bb options, fits 28s. my frame was sub 900g in 54. there’s some other decent models available - i found a lot of good info on the godforsaken weight-weenies forum when I was lookin at teh China crabz

Something to ride up and down the Lakefront on saturday mornings.
27.2 post and threaded BB.
I was looking at this thing:

Didn’t you just build a TAF road bike last month?

that one on eBay looks just like mine. same cable routing, dangler hangers, st/tt/ht measurements match.I can’t find my emails with the geo tho, so it may be different.

id go for it if you’re into it. that’s p cheap

[quote=Rusty Piton]Something to ride up and down the Lakefront on saturday mornings.
27.2 post and threaded BB.
I was looking at this thing:

Why 27.2 post?

Actually yes

They have 'em for 4 bolt too iirc

dangit I have a whole road build kit sitting in my parts bin
don’t wanna build another bike but for $350 frameset I might have to

Actually yes

They have 'em for 4 bolt too iirc[/quote]

wait, shit? i can make my reg 110 cranks 30/46 for $70???
couldn’t shift too much worse than a WI crank right? which is to say just fine but not groundbreaking by any means

SQ: Are carbon steerers significantly better than aluminum ones? Would switching potentially fix problems with hand pains and numbness? Is this one any good? https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ritchey-Pro-Road-Bicycle-Fork-Full-Carbon-1-1-8-9mm/112944335726?hash=item1a4c01cb6e

Actually yes

They have 'em for 4 bolt too iirc[/quote]

Fuck yeah

I’d say nope on carpet fiber steerers fixing any hand issues. No way.

those knockoff subcompact rings say not compatible with hidden bolt cranks. should be fine with the removable spider variety right?

Nope

Carbon bars helped a lot on my MTB, but Salsa doesn’t make carbon road bars. (They’re cross or dirt drop bars.)

I’m not sure if any brands that make carbon road bars aim at the ‘old man needs cushioning’ market.

Opinions on rear racks? Tarck approved is very short on suggestions! I like my Tubus Fly but now I need a (preferably silver) rack to go on the rear of a Grando, which means regular rear rack brazeons. Right now looking at the Soma Deco - anything else I should consider? This is for occasional commuting, nothing demanding.

In what scenario are you get hand pains/numbness?

Nope

Carbon bars helped a lot on my MTB, but Salsa doesn’t make carbon road bars. (They’re cross or dirt drop bars.)

I’m not sure if any brands that make carbon road bars aim at the ‘old man needs cushioning’ market.[/quote]

Apparently there are carbon cowbells, but I’m not sure I would want the flare for this bike. Also, they’re a bit pricey for me.

That’s because all the regular racks are basically fine. Personally, after having installed countless thousands of all types, I prefer some variant of the Bontrager BackRack. It’s easily the cleanest, and the tubular stays definitely means the rack sways less under load, especially if it’s cantilevered far out. Trek even makes the Bontrager racks in different sizes to accommodate smaller bikes.