SHARTQ'S

[quote=joy of vaping]

1. V-brakes[/quote]
    :colbert:

[quote]
2. idk, i’d be using a parts bin friction shifter for this[/quote]

[quote]
3. Tioga powerblocks were the fav when I built up a basketbike – any new ones that are good?[/quote]
oh those look nice

[quote=Lowrey'sOrgan][quote=joy of vaping]

1. V-brakes[/quote]

[quote]
2. idk, i’d be using a parts bin friction shifter for this[/quote]

[quote]
3. Tioga powerblocks were the fav when I built up a basketbike – any new ones that are good?[/quote]
oh those look nice[/quote]
Cantis are just not the answer if you’ve got a flat bar bike and can use v brake levers. Especially when FR-5 levers plus any random Shimano v brake is pretty much better braking power than any other non-hydraulic rim brake ever made. And don’t say modulation.

Yeah fuck cantis. V-brake is the answer if at all possible.

Well if you are dead set on continue using cantis: Tektro CR720’s

I have 720’s on my grando. They work decently well but can be a pain to get the pads aligned correctly.

Whats the best 6 bolt to Centerlock adapter?

I’d probably go with Shimano’s own or maybe these from DT Swiss:

Ohhh I like those DT Swiss ones. Look way simpler than other ones.

Just get these:

https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-XT-RT81-Icetech-Centerlock-Rotor-160mm-Centerlock-Ice-Tech?pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=shopping_us&pt_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjw1ZbaBRBUEiwA4VQCIayR4NMdbU0u9r3rXPi3Su_onxms9A8uhgnZp1lHC1W6i1y8h_3IWhoCJwUQAvD_BwE

Y’all some god damn haters.

Look, I get it, cantis are a pain in the ass, but v-brakes LOOK like ass, and cross-checks are meant to be aesthetic pieces of art, not functional transport.

Get these, practice aligning your pads, and fuck the haters.

[quote=kmcdon]Y’all some god damn haters.

Look, I get it, cantis are a pain in the ass, but v-brakes LOOK like ass, and cross-checks are meant to be aesthetic pieces of art, not functional transport.

Get these, practice aligning your pads, and fuck the haters.[/quote]

Were you not just talking about setting up a mullet disc/v-brake bike on a Soma step-through frame in place of caliper brakes? Why not go with cantis?

[quote=jimmythefly][quote=kmcdon]Y’all some god damn haters.

Get these, practice aligning your pads, and fuck the haters.[/quote]

Were you not just talking about setting up a mullet disc/v-brake bike on a Soma step-through frame in place of caliper brakes? Why not go with cantis?[/quote]

If it were my bike I’d consider it, but she doesn’t like the way they look and I don’t think she’s willing to deal with the maintenance.

Sounds like a hater.

:slight_smile:

Yeah, she is. I learned 2 bikes ago to just not interfere and let her do whatever the hell she wants with them.

I’m not trying to argue that cantis are mechanically superior or anything like that, I think it’s pretty accepted that they’re inferior.

But god damn they look so good (to me.)

I like the way cantis look
I don’t need to stop on a dime
I have had two bad experiences with v brakes
AYHSMBrakes

I am warming up to the idea of thumbies tho

suntour power ratchet or GTFO

Yeah, those are really good.
I also like older XT 7-speed index (that have a bonus click and can be used 8 speed as well).

I’m sure you know this, but if you have a 7-speed freehub, you can use 8-of-9-on-7 trick for the cassette and then use whatever 9 speed shifters you have around.

I thought it was 8 of 10…?

Gonna either keep the current 3x7 drivetrain (just have to get rid of the shitty gripshift), or upgrade to 1x10, which is what my whole parts bin is
I appreciate Track’s propensity for nerdy kludges but that’s not my style