SHARTQ'S

no. 46/36 would prob be fine

[quote=spaghetti]i’ve been wanting to see these in action
do it

http://www.jonesbikes.com/jones-sg-2-5-aluminum-loop-h-bar/[/quote]
Those are nice if you have too low of a stack, but it compromises a hand position or two vs normal Jones.

Rusty stack + regular Jones > riser Jones atmo

no. 46/36 would prob be fine[/quote]

I love my 46/34 with an 11-36. Just about perfect for commuting and solo rides in the hills.

OK so short of buying a different crankset, is there something I can put on the 6750?

I mean I can put my square taper BB and my Ritchey Logic cranks, I think I have the rings I need and I think it’ll work but i dont feel like mucking with all the indexing of the shimano 105 fd and making sure chainline is correct

I love my 46/34 with an 11-36. Just about perfect for commuting and solo rides in the hills.[/quote]

Is that with the PG 1170?

I love my 46/34 with an 11-36. Just about perfect for commuting and solo rides in the hills.[/quote]

Is that with the PG 1170?[/quote]

I think so? That cassette has been on that wheel for years now and I don’t remember exactly.

Get the FC-CX70 46T ring and use your 34T until it wears out.

Get the FC-CX70 46T ring and use your 34T until it wears out.[/quote]Guess that works.
I have a 48 and a 36t Origin8 ring as well in the 110bcd. Yes, not 46 but worth a shot and I don’t need to spend any money.

I’ve got that cx70, it’s good.

These are the ones. Be Tarck’s guinea pig.

Sausage-type pedaling

These are the ones. Be Tarck’s guinea pig.[/quote]

Yes please report back, I’m very interested in these rings

I’ve been wanting to try dirt drops on my Vaya for a long time now, so I finally went forward with the swap. Somehow mid swap my right 105 shifter decided to die, no shift action left in it at all! I tried blasting out old dirt and debris to no effect. So, decision time as this is my favorite set up to explore everywhere around my house.

1. Find another 10s 105 and keep beating away at dead ender tech, unfortunately QBP is completely out of stock.
    1b) find cheap bar ends so I can ride until the shifter is back in stock.

2. Upgrade, go modern 11s with the same mech discs

3. Super upgrade, finally get wet brakes on there. I’m leaning toward this option as I really take that bike on trails it should not be.

Since the Vaya does not have flat mount discs, what are my options? Can you run an Ultegra shifter to an XT caliper?

The Jones is great overall, but the bars make my fingertips go numb relatively quickly. I have foam grips right now. Any suggestions? Bars are currently set up to be flat with a hypothetical top tube. Does tilting them some way help? This is my first bike since about 2004 with flat bars so I dunno.

What’s Tarck’s take on the new Black Mountain Road Plus frameset? As I’ve discussed here for years, I really just want a “traditional” road bike, which fits 650b tires without an extra-long rim brake kludge or any other design compromises, but isn’t a low trail fop-chariot. The Midnight Special checks some of these boxes, but is surprisingly hard to get a hold of and actually isn’t substantially cheaper, especially if we acknowledge that the Black Mountain has more “supple” tubing.

Anyway, I’m like 99% of the way into buying one, but I just wonder if anyone’s had their hands on one IRL.

i want one too but i dont need it. gotta sell my wraith.

also it wont do anything more for me than my Gunnar Crosshairs except it’ll have dick brakes

I don’t know if I really need it, but it would definitely fill the wide-tire sized hole in my heart that’s not filled by 25mm tires and carbon fiber.

help me
mystery bike sound
it sounds like when you have a leaf in your spokes and it hits something once per revolution
I suspected it was something stuck in my tread thwacking against the inside of a fender but that’s not it
it seems to only happen when I’m riding, and not when the bike is in the stand, which is not helping me find whatever it is

Broken spoke?

I can’t believe I have not tried this myself, but, has anyone tried to run a log cage Force1 derailleur with a double?