SHARTQ'S

Angle the ends down slightly. Start with a few degrees and see how that feels.

IIRC Jones recommends them grips down by about 10-15 degrees. Should help some.

wouldn’t the problem there be lack of slant parallelogram? iirc the x-horizon would change distance from upper jockey to cogs depending on chainring, so it’s easy to dial it in for one size, but not so much for 2 sizes.
but someone should totally try it for science! when sram stops making road compatible 2x clutch rear danglers, i’m gonna be pretty sad

Yeah… I’m pretty sure you’re right. Just surprised I’ve yet to hear of anyone confirming.

Oh yeah, some Amazon dipshit with a bespoke Crust tried to have us do this. It worked like dogshit.

nope

[quote=Lowrey’sOrgan]help me
mystery bike sound
it sounds like when you have a leaf in your spokes and it hits something once per revolution
I suspected it was something stuck in my tread thwacking against the inside of a fender but that’s not it
it seems to only happen when I’m riding, and not when the bike is in the stand, which is not helping me find whatever it is[/quote]
Is it something inside your fender?

Or maybe your wheel is a little out of true and stuff flexes just enough when you sit on your bike that it rubs.

Or we can go full WebMD and say that your frame is broken and that’s why it flexes so much.

Hope so
I want a new frame

IIRC Jones recommends them grips down by about 10-15 degrees. Should help some.[/quote]

I angled my dangle last night and will try that today.

[quote=deadforkinglast]
Or we can go full WebMD and say that your frame is broken and that’s why it flexes so much.[/quote]

hey, it’s happened to me

[quote=Lowrey’sOrgan]help me
mystery bike sound
it sounds like when you have a leaf in your spokes and it hits something once per revolution
I suspected it was something stuck in my tread thwacking against the inside of a fender but that’s not it
it seems to only happen when I’m riding, and not when the bike is in the stand, which is not helping me find whatever it is[/quote]

Stand next to bike, lean over saddle with stomach and put all your weight on it. Roll bike slowly, see if you can get it to make the sound.

I have found two separate mystery sounds this way: 1) cracking rim and nipple hole 2) spokes rubbing on each other where they cross.
Could also be something like a dust cap on the hub rubbing the hub shell but so close that needs your body weight to flex enough to touch.

IIRC Jones recommends them grips down by about 10-15 degrees. Should help some.[/quote]

I angled my dangle last night and will try that today.[/quote]

Hey, that was really helpful. Thanks!