Short People & The Great Sizing Struggle

Average is the next rollerblades.

Average is the next rollerblades.[/quote]

fuck. well at least rollerblades were cool for a little while. i would have a better excuse for acting like a creepy middle aged man…

Finished building my Kilo, I’ll probably post pics sometime soon unless I change my mind and want to wait for the wheels.

I rode it last night with about a fist of seat post and it seemed a bit tall so I’ll probably have to lower it another couple centimeters for a more comfortable pedal stroke.

Another issue with the smaller frame and tight geometry… toe overlap… I almost ate shit twice because of it. Scared the shit out of me.

toe overlap is a little weird when not used to it, but that being said you get used to it pretty quick

It isn’t just a problem with tight geometry. Toe overlap isinherent in smaller frame sizes (sub 54 or so), 700c wheels and anything vaguely resembling modern geometry (meaning you won’t have a problem on a 50cm Schwinn Varsity), and it’s the reason why makers like Rivendell sell all their smaller frames with 26" wheels. For the record, I’ve had toe overlap on my old Trek sport-touring bike, my Cross-Check, and just about every other 700c bike I’ve ever been on for a while. Overlap is the price we all pay to run big-boy wheels.

i have skidmarks/scars on my knees from toe overlap + nuts on stem skids.