Shot in the dark: Lugged crown 700c disc forks

Anyone know where to get one? They’re rare and a pain in the ass to search for with google. All I have found so far are the stock forks on the Singular Peregrine;

and the Steelwool Tweed.

Neither one is just the right length and rake for my crosscheck (400/44), though i think the peregrine might come close enough at 410/48 if i can’t find anything better.

TIA (Tarck is awesome)

Why not get a frame builder to braze one on the crosscheck fork? It might actually work out cheaper than getting a new fork (depending on paint I suppose). You could probably take the opportunity to file off the canti studs while you’re at it. I know that they’ll usually charge $30 or so to do something like add braze-ons or swap drop-outs to track ends. That plus basic paint might still get you in under $100.

The drawback is that you’ll be without your fork for a week or so.

^ I’ve asked a local framebuilder to do just that and was told it was gonna be hard. Tolerances on disc tabs need to be within a few thousands of an inch. I would still try though, especially if you can find a framebuilder who works with mountain bikes, they might have a jig for this kind of thing. Let me know if you find anything cause I’m interested in getting something off the shelf.

You could always go baller and get a Poprad disc fork. It’s kind of lugged carbonish.

I have no idea what the length and rake are on it though.

I was told by the framebuilder I asked that it’s iffy to put disc tabs on a fork that wasn’t designed to take that kins of stress in that kind of place. He wouldn’t do it, and I’m a tiny bit sketched out about it now, so im looking for something that’ll work off the peg.

Here’s what the guy (UK framebuilder Dave Yates) said if anyone is wondering:

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]You could always go baller and get a Poprad disc fork. It’s kind of lugged carbonish.

I have no idea what the length and rake are on it though.[/quote]

Wound Up makes a disc 700c fork. It’s basically the same kind of deal. Carbon legs with an aluminum crown.

Damn. This kicks ass.

No kidding eh? They don’t have much of a web presence, or any other kind of presence, too bad for them. I only heard about them through word of mouth. I was hoping that people here would know about similarly obscure but awesome bikes with lugged 700c disc forks.

Thanks everyone for the leads so far. I’ll look into all. My main interest is to match the surly’s geometry while retaining a fc lug and curved blades.

That kick as bike makes me want to live in some back country place where I have to commute to work thru the woods.

likewise.