Snap goes the Varsity

So I was riding along when I encountered a fellow who was having trouble with his bicycle. Being the gentleman I am, I stopped to see if I could be of service. Unfortunately, the trouble he had was beyond my ability to fix.

The frame of his electro-forged Schwinn, which looked to be a Varsity, had snapped clean at the seat tube, just above the bottom bracket. He said a friend could weld it. I told him to be careful, as he looked to be contemplating riding it even with the broken frame.

Granted, this man was large, but I thought these things were indestructible. Anyone had/heard of this happening to an old Chicago Schwinn?

heavy doesn’t always mean indestructible. They are super beefy, but the tubing is still cheep. It wasn’t clean enough to be a cut to remove it from a lock was it?

Anyway, just tell him to stick a skateboard wheel in there and he’s got an instant soft-tail. $10 says you see the same bike tomorrow with duct tape wrapped around it.

but my mom got scared and said you’re moving in with your auntie and your uncle in bel-air, etc.

I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate was fresh and there was dice on the mirror…