So I Bought a Time Trial bike...

…and I have no idea who its made by. Its a 58cm (or so I have been told), has a noname headset and BB, accepts a 700C rear and a 24" front, and the seatpost bolt has “Gipiemme Italy” stamped into it.

The serial number is 612081. Here are some pictures:

So what do you guys think, should I flip this thing on ebay and maybe make a profit, or should I tarck it out and ride it?

my nuts hurt just looking at that drop… I vote flip

Whatever keep that thing.

Do you have any idea what year (year range) that frame is (Obviously I know very little about TT bikes)? I love the look of it but agree that it may be very painful to ride except for short quick rides.

welds look like smeared poo

i’d think the frame would be lugged, or fillet brazed, but not welded

?

tarck it and put these on it:

fender eyelets?

Rock that shit fixed brakeless with risers!!!

From the look of the welds its a total piece of garbage.
Ebay it to some MASH freak in Idaho and buy something great.

[quote=“deathhare”]From the look of the welds its a total piece of garbage.
Ebay it to some MASH freak in Idaho and buy something great.[/quote]

hahaha why does the mash freak have to be in idaho?

[quote=“craigmoyer”]

[/quote]

Sell.

[quote=“upthepunx”][quote=“deathhare”]From the look of the welds its a total piece of garbage.

hahaha why does the mash freak have to be in idaho?[/quote]

Sorry. I just picked a random state that probably has about 4 fixed gear riders who just discovered MASH and it “changed their lives forever!!”
How about Iowa?

[quote=“deathhare”][quote=“upthepunx”][quote=“deathhare”]From the look of the welds its a total piece of garbage.

Sorry. I just picked a random state that probably has about 4 fixed gear riders who just discovered MASH and it “changed their lives forever!!”
How about Iowa?[/quote]

haha actually around here its macaframa

why would anyone make such a shitty time trial bike or pursuit or whatever. who would have ridden that? a really poor non-sponsored elite cyclist?

Thats what I’m wondering.

you guys are all just jealous :colbert:

the not-black paint on that thing is awesome.

[quote=“deathhare”][quote=“upthepunx”][quote=“deathhare”]From the look of the welds its a total piece of garbage.

How about Iowa?[/quote]

If the other midwest states are anything like Ohio, there’s probably a shocking amount of fixed riders (not including the 'burbs).

Flipped on ebay.

Oh, and it sold to a guy in LA.