So my bike was destroyed by a Buick...

and I need suggestions for a new frame.

By the way, I’m fine. It’s just the bike that was hurt. (and really fucking badly too)

So what I’m looking for is:

Steel or Aluminum (road or track, as long as it has brake mounts :colbert: )
Somewhere in the 500 - 700 range.
Traditional geometry, no sloping downtubes.
Awesomeness.

I already have a Kilo TT, and I don’t want a pista, or a steamroller, so show me something to spend the insurance money on.

Soma Delancey ?

Fuck you Tarcxidermist!

Edit: Sorry about your bike.

I think that this Bikes Direct Streamroller knock-off is pretty sharp and smartly designed. You can’t beat the price, either.

Wow, quick replies.

The delancey looks awesome. Do you happen to know if it comes with the matching fork?

Also, I kind of have to spend the money on a frame, (insurance company stuff, I don’t know) so while the bikes direct is cool, I’ve got more than that to spend.

In case anyone’s interested, the bike that was hit was a chrome Scapin much like this one

http://www.velospace.org/node/8179 (except now with a crease in the downtube)

with phil wood open pro wheels (taco’d)
and sugino 75’s (which are fine :D)

IRO

Milwaukee Orange One with Canti Studs. Vicious Cycles cross fork.

salsa caserroll

You def need a Panasonic :colbert:

alien group buy

lugged track frame $300

[quote=“biekridder”]alien group buy

lugged track frame $300[/quote]

Does that frame have a rear brake mount? I like hoods alot. :colbert:

Edit: nevermind, looks like it does. I’m now between this (for the option to paint it myself) and the delancey (classsssyy)

:bear: I really wish I had snatched one of these up when they popped up on clearance a while back.

Not to be “that guy,” but have you thought about building up a geared bike instead of another fixed? It’s nice to have different kinds of bikes in the stable.

:bear:

Yeah, yeah. Slightly sloping top tube. Whatever.

No worries. I’m honestly still on the fence about it.

before this morning I had two fixed gears, the kilo for tricks and fun, and the scapin as a roadbike (drop bars, brakes, all the necessary serious road bike stuff, just no gears) and it worked great for me. I had an older 105 group on it when i first got it, and while the speed increase from multiple accessible gears was awesome, the “fun” factor just wasn’t there.
I do appreciate the suggestion, however. I checked out Soma’s speedster, which looks really nice. I just don’t want to end up converting it if it turns out like the scapin.

Ninja edit: That kona looks rad. Man, have I got some choices to make…

I don’t mind a slight slope. Just no SL2’s please.

bareknuckle?
leader 735tr?
can you get a used frame? such as a samson or bridgestone?

[quote=“Tarcxidermist Now!”][That kona looks rad. Man, have I got some choices to make…
[/quote]

$899 msrp

:bear:

[quote=“alexv”]
can you get a used frame? such as a samson or bridgestone?[/quote]

if so, why would you want one?

[quote=“Oh No”][quote=“alexv”]
can you get a used frame? such as a samson or bridgestone?[/quote]

if so, why would you want one?[/quote]

For the complete lack of brake holes. Really comes in handy when you want to run two brakes.

I could go used (so :bear: ), but I don’t have as much to spend that way.

I’m not sure what kind of crazy insurance company these people are running, but if i agree to show them the receipt from the transaction they’ll give me 650-something. But if I can’t provide proof of purchase I only get 350 or so.

Tarckeemoon, play nice.

you havent been here long have you

EDIT: THIS IS MY 610th POST. MY AREA CODE IS 610. FUCK