So yeah... Nike SPD shoes... group buy?

So I think we can all agree that the Nike SPD shoe is beyond stupid… but… I want a pair. I might have a hookup to get some and am willing to share the Tarck love to any other fools out there who also want these abominations.

Not sure what I can work on the price yet (or even if I can actually get them for sure) but I’m just putting this out there to see if there is any interest.

MSRP is $220. If I can get them I am thinking 20-30% off might be in the cards.

Interest?

Braden

almost want

Maybe if we can get it under $150. Also depends on funds at the time.
If any body has a size 8 and wants the ugly chinese themed ones they’re on ebay for relatively cheap
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Nike-Gyrizo-BMX-Shoes_W0QQitemZ140290863719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Footwear?hash=item140290863719&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

oh god.
maybe.

but probably not.

Eh, if I could try one on first and we got a hella discount.

Do they make other colors? No offense but those are pretty ugly.

Pretty sure that they only come in those colors. I kinda like the Japan ones and the American ones look pretty cool with the reflective material.

Fuck. Those are ugly, but not. If a size 13 can be had. I think I’d be down.

They only make up to a 12!!! I wear a 13 as well and totally fucking want some.

i wear a size 13 and i totally DONT want some.

Fucking asshats!

Well, if they fit like Dunks, us big footed people might have a chance. I had a size 12 Hi-top Dunk that fit fine.

I also have the ever so slightest feelings these wouldn’t last very long. The fashionable Nike’s don’t last anywhere near as long as other major brands. They’re marketed to the people who buy new sneakers every few months and have multiple pairs of shoes and aren’t meant for everyday wear.

I wish I still had them so I could show you how fucked up they were after only 8 or 9 months.

I like ugly. Any word on the upper material? I don’t wear leather.

i think id prefer flushing 20’s down the toilet seeing as this would be very similar

I’d do it for $150ish.

So would I, depending on my brokeness at the time.

Where can I get those sick USA pants?

But one could make the same argument for putting a king headset in a bike… cool yes… but also a waste of money.

If you guys buy these Ill lose all hope in you.

Sidi group buy
Atac pedal group buy
TT pad group buy aka someone goes to ace hardware, ???, profit

I’d be down if they retailed for cheaper. If they’re better than double straps/regular shoes I’d totally be into it, because I love me some clipless but can’t rock my dorky bike shoes on the job, when meeting girls or going to parties (college ones at least, no one cares at Portland parties)…