So yeah... Nike SPD shoes... group buy?

clipless penny loafers ftw

i got in on the arrospok group buy. but this is ridiculous. if these are anything like my last nikes, they’ll be fucked up in 4 months.

i’m thinking they will most likely be a little different than your last nikes.

But one could make the same argument for putting a king headset in a bike… cool yes… but also a waste of money.[/quote]
lets compare the pricing shall we

hows yours holding up

I’m interested, if the price is right (150ish)

I’d never pay more than $20 for a pair of ugly-ass Nike shoes, no matter what.

This shit is fucking dumb.

To: Jim

High five and agreement.

they dont fit SPD road cleats :frowning:

but anyways, theyre too bulky
if they made vans era shoes with SPD road cleats, id be all over it :bear:

Ben,

A King headset was relevant when there were no other options out there for a durable sealed headset. But these days even Canecreek can make something for under $50 that functions just as well as a King. I have a King but I will be the first to admit that it’s for looks and is totally not worth the premium over a Canecreek or FSA sealed headset.

sidi dom 5 group buy ftw

i mean, i thought we were comparing king headsets to nikes. comparing to other headsets and the practicality, the extra 5 bucks over my cane creek S2 or the tange technoglide that never worked, ill opt for the king that never needs a bearing replacement. maybe alittle grease one day far away.

[quote=“K_Phomma”]Sidi group buy
Atac pedal group buy
TT pad group buy aka someone goes to ace hardware, ???, profit[/quote]

No TT pad, but close. http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/17489- … D5A8%20KIT

I’d be down for a Sidi and Atac group buy.

[quote=“cbc”]

I’d be down for a Sidi and Atac group buy.[/quote]

Fuck yes.

[quote=“cbc”][quote=“K_Phomma”]Sidi group buy
Atac pedal group buy

Me too

Oh yes

[quote=“bradencbc”]Ben,

A King headset was relevant when there were no other options out there for a durable sealed headset. But these days even Canecreek can make something for under $50 that functions just as well as a King. I have a King but I will be the first to admit that it’s for looks and is totally not worth the premium over a Canecreek or FSA sealed headset.[/quote]
I fucked up a sealed canecreek something good. Even with trying to keep that shit clean and greased it got gritty and pitty as fuck within a year.

got an extremely used king off a bike I parted out. That shit is ten times more smooth and so far I havent even thought about it as being on my bike, which for a headset is how it should be.

but in general I would agree. King’s are not the only durable hs anymore. I hear they’re still the standard in downhill though.

Then you get replaceable soles.

[quote=“henryclay”][quote=“cbc”][quote=“K_Phomma”]Sidi group buy
Atac pedal group buy

Me too[/quote]
count me in

Then you get replaceable soles.[/quote]

I had to throw down an emergency high speed Ted Shred the other day due to a dropped chain and wore 70% of the way through the sole on my Doms in one stop. :colbert:

I dropped a chain on a road ride on possibly the biggest country hill I’ve ever been down, scrubbed my foot into the rear tire and barely wore through that pleather stuff… but I realized at that point that Ted Shreddin’ it was futile and just rode out the hill, chainless, until I came to a stop.

Luckily there was no one else around.