sram

Yeah, me too. I secretly lust after all the carbon Rival stuff I see, even though I pretend to be all “Fuck that man, I want classic silver components!”

I also hear from mechs the hoods are super easy to service and really simple.

this is probably exactly what ill do. thanks.

its going on this, btw:
[/quote]

Boner City indeed.

[quote=jay-z]i have '08 rival and fucking love it!
i wish i would have waited for '09 because of the adjustable throw and carbon bits but all around im super happy.[/quote]

On what bike. Have you posted it?

Overall I like my Rival stuff. I have the first generation though and I’ve had some issues with front d shifting. There are 2 clicks between small and big ring that you can only hit on the way up which means that you get alot rub on the front d if you try to shift to lower gears in the big ring and vice versa. It also means shifting way more in the front than I like, and have had problems with throwing the chain to the outside when shifting to the big ring. Not fun at 20+ mph.

Im taking it for a tuneup before I ride it this season, so hopefully this time around they can figure something out.

Also, I actually asked the SRAM guys at NAHBS about this issue, and they said its been addressed in the newer versions, and that theres pretty much nothing you can do if you have first gen except buy a newer left brifter. Lame.

[quote=halbritt][quote=jay-z]i have '08 rival and fucking love it!
i wish i would have waited for '09 because of the adjustable throw and carbon bits but all around im super happy.[/quote]

On what bike. Have you posted it?[/quote]

davidson, dunno if its posted

[quote=toast][quote=halbritt][quote=jay-z]i have '08 rival and fucking love it!

On what bike. Have you posted it?[/quote]

davidson, dunno if its posted[/quote]

motherfucker - i’m jealous - give it to me young boy! i’ll beat you up!

p.s. sram - i want some.

Post up the fuckin’ Davidson.

No one else?

I had the first-gen Rival and just couldn’t get into it. I have big hands (insert joke here) and just didn’t dig the tiny hoods and levers. Plus I like to grab the Shimano hoods pistol-style up top. I also found that while cross racing and my brain is totally friend, unlike Shimano where you can whack the lever and make it do what you want, SRAM requires a precise movement. The quality of it was great, I just didn’t dig the motion and ergonomics. Please, please TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. You might not like it either.

Oh, and I am IN LOVE with the new Campy lever shape. I just wish I could afford it, in 10 or 11 speed.

[quote=that guy]No one else?

I had the first-gen Rival and just couldn’t get into it. I have big hands (insert joke here) and just didn’t dig the tiny hoods and levers. Plus I like to grab the Shimano hoods pistol-style up top. I also found that while cross racing and my brain is totally friend, unlike Shimano where you can whack the lever and make it do what you want, SRAM requires a precise movement. The quality of it was great, I just didn’t dig the motion and ergonomics. Please, please TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. You might not like it either.
[/quote]

I was going to write EXACTLY this. I don’t like how small the SRAM levers are. I don’t like them for cyclocross either, for that exact same reason. I prefer Shimano when my hands are cold for the same reason.

I would ride SRAM everything but shifters.

I love my SRAM Force group.

Say, wanna use my Faggin frame for that build?
It’s a sick frame.

pics/price/size?

It’s pink, it’s 56cm, and it’s awesome.

I tried out some double-tap shifters today. Took me about 2 seconds to figure it out. The hoods are smaller, though. I’d have to put some mileage on them to really say whether I’d like 'em or not.

A friend of mine got Rival last spring when he built up a new road bike and I’ve lusted after it ever since he let me test ride.

09 rival with an 07 dura ace crankset

love it

red is extreme overkill and unnecessary

sram components are nice. especially the rival group as stated above.

test rode a bike with rival yesterday, couldn’t get into the hoods. maybe if they offered a “large hands” model, i’d be way more into them. but i loved the double tap.

Tarck is about secret lust.

SRAM levers are rebuildable, right?

I’ve been thinking about something. Or at least thinking about thinking about something.