stripping and polishing a frame

My frame was powdercoated an d I just used Jasco and a BBQ brush it took a while but it worked pretty well

This is likely to cost more than the DIY suggestions mentioned and, FWIW, is considered by many not to be the best idea with aluminum frames.

one tube down, a bunch more to go. sandpaper and my hands works ok for the main tubes, but it is kinda tricky around the welds/braze ons.

i have a heavy duty drill at my disposal. can you buy wire brushes that are made to be used in a rotary drill (i don’t have a dremel, i have a drill…)?

also - anyone know if it is harmful to get powdercoat/aluminum filings all over your hands (not sure if i should buy gloves)?

If it’s anodized, use oven cleaner - if it’s painted, just use paint stripper.

then use a stiff cloth polishing wheel and some mothers aluminum polish. Works great.

None of my bikes are aluminum & I don’t worry…

[quote=Blacksail]If it’s anodized, use oven cleaner - if it’s painted, just use paint stripper.

then use a stiff cloth polishing wheel and some mothers aluminum polish. Works great.[/quote]

it is powdercoated and i’ve already decided against using chemicals. i had a specific question which i brought here b/c i couldn’t find the “ask a guy that works at a hardware store” thread…

[quote=tjayk][quote=Blacksail]If it’s anodized, use oven cleaner - if it’s painted, just use paint stripper.

then use a stiff cloth polishing wheel and some mothers aluminum polish. Works great.[/quote]

it is powdercoated and i’ve already decided against using chemicals. i had a specific question which i brought here b/c i couldn’t find the “ask a guy that works at a hardware store” thread…[/quote]

Whoa, fuck me dude, sorry for ruining your day.

PS: Sand it, pussy.