surly cogs

no you didnt…they fucked up.

A few weeks ago, I went to pick up a Phil cog at my LBS that I had called about the day before. When I got there the next day, it had been sold. The only other one they had in that size was a Surly. A cog was the last piece I needed to finish building the bike, and I was anxious to finish and get riding, so I went with the Surly cog even though I it really wasn’t what I wanted. But I trust the guy who runs this particular shop, and he said he was impressed with the Surly cogs. Turns out, from day 1, this bike with the Surly cog had the smoothest, quietest ride of any of my bikes (I have a Phil cog on one other bike, and a EAI cog on another – I’m pleased with all but the bike with the Surly is definitely the quietest).

i bought one today…haven’t tried it out yet.
i’ve only used dura ace and euroasia cogs.
i’ll let everyone know…

my surly is whisper quiet too. I like it a lot, and it feels really well made.

my surly is whisper quiet too. I like it a lot, and it feels really well made.[/quote]

Yes, I agree it looks and feels well made. I like the holes too, they remind me of “drillium” you see on some old bikes. I don’t much care for that Surly logo, though!

test rode with the new surly cog installed.
this is the first time my bike has been completely and utterly SILENT.
smooth as butter.
seems to be built really good, and i also like the speed holes.
i’m also really diggin’ the 48/17 ratio.
feels just about perfect.

go by one.

no you didnt…they fucked up.[/quote]

F U THE BIKE BIZ.

oh well. i have a spare surly 17t so its not a big deal, just more work.

Bike Biz is A1. I’m sure it’s just a typo.

no you didnt…they fucked up.[/quote]

F U THE BIKE BIZ.

oh well. i have a spare surly 17t so its not a big deal, just more work.[/quote]

They also sold me 38cm Nitto RB-021 bullhorns…then email me days later saying they won’t have em in stock for at least a month. Boo, gotta sync up their website with what they actually carry in store.

I’ve got 3 surly cogs. A 17t 3/32, 14t and 16t 1/8th with a Specialites(spl? Some french shit) 49t ring and my drivetrain is fucking uber silent. All I hear is the tires going against the pavement.

Great for sneak attacks on those unaware jaywalkin pedestrians.

Oh TA Specialties. Those are rad chainring, methinks.

I have a 17t surly cog on a surly hub and it’s done me great