Tarck Arts and Carfts. Post your home-built bikey stuff.

Probably, although fabbing a mold is probably equivalent work to CADding it up.

this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/InstaMorph-Moldable-Plastic-12-oz/dp/B003QKLJKQ/

how you liking the retrofriction x shimano pod?

It feels great. But when you shift into smallest cog it bends the cable right at the end so the cables have a short life.

front or rear? if front, do you really need all the travel? i set shimano fronts up with extra free play on doubles so the lever never needs to point all the way down. it works better ergo-wise for me, might eliminate your problem.

It feels great. But when you shift into smallest cog it bends the cable right at the end so the cables have a short life.[/quote]

man that’s gotta be extra annoying since they take the smaller-headed cables, lots of people seem to just grind down the heads a bit instead of buying campy ones, but I guess you could just bore out the shifter body a little

I actually just bought some cables from this dude, will report back: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300652227451

Admittedly not mine, but I thought it fit here (and I post it in case you guys want to do something fun to your house instead of the list you are getting in the other OT thread).
Something to do with your old disc rotors and cranks.

God dammit I just saw that on reddit. How the fuck is the internet this small.

dunno. I saw it posted between friends on fb. first kid must stalk reddit, too.

Orc makes bags, and he made me an awesome one.
Full picture set here

Made some perpetuem-y shit recently.

Ingredients:
3 parts fruit punch mix (1.29/lb at WinCo)
1 part soy protein (4.99/lb at WinCo)
pinch o salt

Pros:
-Cheap
-Worked well on today’s 200K
-Tasty

Cons:
-Brightass red that will stain anything and everything light-colored
-Not sure of the nutritional value of the fruit punch shit (fructose + dye, basically)… was gonna use maltodextrin, but could not obtain so went with that instead.

Holding a season ending CX race tomorrow, made some trophies & medals for the SSCX race out of shagged parts. My engraving is improving, but still sucks:

DICKIW.

awesome.

We sold cassette cog ornaments at a crafty fair thing for $5 each. Just a cog in some ribbon. At that price you could buy an 8spd cassette at msrp and still make money.

They’re neat medals and all, but I wouldn’t buy one!

Those bottle openers are sweet, it reminds me I have a cracked 650B Aerohead and a box of misc shifters that needs a similar treatment.

Mostly bumping this because I like the thread.

Kind of bumping this because I polished my Leatherman. It’s a bike tool in the sense that I occasionally use it to open packages that bike products come in. I also use it to open beer bottles on occasion; seeing as beer is a bike tool, this is like a second-degree bike tool.

That looks pretty slick.

(not made by me)

bike fell off the car rack

so i got a bottle opener