Tarck Racing

I’m a little drunk. You won’t take advantage of me, will you?

Nah.
I might cop a feel, but I’d never cross the line.

Consider me felt.

I like racing alleycats.

Starting to like track better though. I’ve done almost a dozen alleycats and they start to feel a little more routine after each one.

i have done one alleycat. it was pretty awesome. unfortunately not many happen around these parts. got a spoke card with a cat on it. also won bar end lights, right after i bought some. didnt need, so they got sold to bold, then the day i sent them out, i lost one of the lights that i bought and one bar end light is stupid so that sucked.

i want to get into track racing real bad. someone sell me a frame.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]I’ve never done any racing but I’d really like to.
Anyone know of anything coming up in Chi?[/quote]

This is November 8 this year. More of an alleykitten/styleride, but still fun. Also the Classics should be happening soon (if I haven’t missed them already). I’ll try and keep you posted.

lol @ ‘alleykitten’

There is a surprisingly large number of tarck-bikers who are incapable of following directions. You guys fail at polling, you should be ashamed.

I used to organize alleycats back in Kansas City before the whole tarck bike on the street craze really kicked in there. It was mostly shop rats riding bikes that they built out of trash parts and the prizes would be simple shit that I’d con local shops and businesses into giving me. It was a ton of fun and I’d usually feed/beer the racers with any proceeds that I ended up with.

I’d like to do an alleycat or similar race, but I think the problem with DFW is that it’s so spread out so nobody really knows the whole metroplex of streets. I know there has been at least 1 race in Fort Worth, and I’ve heard something about Denton, but idk…

Room203, we should organize one around Dallas…

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=389222

this is the best alleycat story i have heard / read in a while, maybe ever.

On Chicago. I think classics are in a month or so, there hasn’t been much going on this year as far as that goes but it might pick up here.

The last race here had everyone ride through the convention center. It was an amazing sight. I have never seen fat rent-a-cops run so fast.

[quote=“alexv”]I’d like to do an alleycat or similar race, but I think the problem with DFW is that it’s so spread out so nobody really knows the whole metroplex of streets. I know there has been at least 1 race in Fort Worth, and I’ve heard something about Denton, but idk…

Room203, we should organize one around Dallas…[/quote]

the one i raced in was fort worth, and they are having another a pretty epic (from the bits ive heard) scavenger hunt race thing in october.

the one in denton was august 30. they’ve had 1 or 2 before that also.

but yeah i think something in dallas would be pretty fun. especially if it was around lower greenville or downtown on a saturday night.

fort worth is really easy to ride in (almost boring) and ive always felt safe, so its actually a pretty solid place for a race. as for not knowing streets, i’ve been down here since '01 and know the whole area better than most people i come across who have lived here their whole lives. no excuses. im weird though. i study maps and purposely get myself lost so i learn.

i wonder how successful a tarckriterium would be.

[quote=“edw”]http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=389222

this is the best alleycat story i have heard / read in a while, maybe ever.

On Chicago. I think classics are in a month or so, there hasn’t been much going on this year as far as that goes but it might pick up here.

The last race here had everyone ride through the convention center. It was an amazing sight. I have never seen fat rent-a-cops run so fast.[/quote]

I remember that story, it certainly is pretty funny. It would be neat to do a race that runs though something like the convention center, though it would be shitty if/when a racer got themselves caught/arrested.

[quote=“alexv”]I’d like to do an alleycat or similar race, but I think the problem with DFW is that it’s so spread out so nobody really knows the whole metroplex of streets. I know there has been at least 1 race in Fort Worth, and I’ve heard something about Denton, but idk…

If you don’t know the back streets, just buy a map. It won’t cost more than a couple bucks for map of the city at any ordinary grocery store.

Hipsters vs. Yuppies “scavanger hunt” 09/27/08

SATURDAY
09/27/08
8PM
Starting location TBA

Old thread, but if you’re still interested in racing Rusty

Yeah, it’s the third race, but the first flyer I remembered to post here.

[quote=“stormy”]
If you don’t know the back streets, just buy a map. It won’t cost more than a couple bucks for map of the city at any ordinary grocery store.[/quote]
Also, bike maps (maps of the city with the roads rated as to how good they are for riding on) are free at all shops in the Chi.

And now I’ll get around to the poll…

Wtf, a 45 mile Alleycat?

My understanding of an alleycat is something more like 1.5 hrs/20 miles or less.

[quote=“room203”][quote=“alexv”]I’d like to do an alleycat or similar race, but I think the problem with DFW is that it’s so spread out so nobody really knows the whole metroplex of streets. I know there has been at least 1 race in Fort Worth, and I’ve heard something about Denton, but idk…

the one i raced in was fort worth, and they are having another a pretty epic (from the bits ive heard) scavenger hunt race thing in october.

the one in denton was august 30. they’ve had 1 or 2 before that also.

but yeah i think something in dallas would be pretty fun. especially if it was around lower greenville or downtown on a saturday night.

fort worth is really easy to ride in (almost boring) and ive always felt safe, so its actually a pretty solid place for a race. as for not knowing streets, i’ve been down here since '01 and know the whole area better than most people i come across who have lived here their whole lives. no excuses. im weird though. i study maps and purposely get myself lost so i learn.

i wonder how successful a tarckriterium would be.[/quote]

Funky town is deffinantly super safe to ride in. I have only almost been hit by a car once.

But Henderson during the day time is full of jackasses that like to talk shit while they drive by

[quote=“Tbirdbassist”]Wtf, a 45 mile Alleycat?

My understanding of an alleycat is something more like 1.5 hrs/20 miles or less.[/quote]

Damn. There was a ~100 mile race here a few months ago.

I’m gonna be doing my first alleycat this upcoming weekend. I’m excited/nervous. Should be fun.

Doing it on the road bike, though.

There’s a 24hr street race in Atlanta. I used to pull 160 miles solo. Now people are doing well over 300mi on their own. The teams are doing over 400 I think. Not really an alleycat in the “scavenger hunt, no set route” kind of way, but it is an open street, anything goes checkpoint race.