The Cyclocross

Last I heard they were shipping around the 14th. So excite.[/quote]

This /.

Also further to my story about how much those cross-fit drills hurt.

Oh my god my legs barely work right now.

Good news!

Rode to work and did some drills today. Between my run yesterday and this my legs are tired now.

Anyone out there have access to a Paul Components merchant account? I want to try Mini-Motos on my new artisan/MUSA/etc cross bike, but QBP is out of em.

Edit: was all set on the mini-vs, but now I’m doubting if I should just go with normal cantis…

I can get Paul.

PIR is way fun, and the Hillsboro one was fun when I did it, but mostly because I was in the beginners and the track was so foggy it was a mystery. I do really enjoy Rainier, and did make a point of doing that one multiple times. I miss Astoria halloween cross.

Just needs new cassette and some new brakpads.
FGM as fuck at 7.45kg

seth, any crusade race make your way to the switchblade tent
tell em i sent ya, grab someones’ boob and have a seat

[quote=Viggen]Just needs new cassette and some new brakpads.
FGM as fuck at 7.45kg

[/quote]
Sweet Yeti bro. How you like them Primus tires? I need at least one new set of tubs this year and am on the fence between those or another set of grifos.

You were in Boston?

Thanks bro.
I just recently got the tires/wheel collabro, so I havn’t raced or trained on them yet. But the thread looks and feels really versatile and fast. I don’t think it’s all that great in deep mud as the thread is a lot more “together” than the Grifo’s. Supposed to be “self-cleaning” but IDK. But then the Grifo’s aren’t so great in mud either I’ve heard.

You should try em out if you can get them cheaper than the Grifo’s, the Flexus Primus are even more balleur if you can spend the extra dollhairs, but this is jst a really uneducated guess of mine.
Only other tires I’ve done racing/traning on are Conti Speed king and Race, so yeah go figure…

Any Seattle folks gonna make it out to the MFG pre-season race tonight? I did them last year. Flat, dusty, grass crit of a course, but still 100% more fun than doing intervals by yourself.

Not tonight, but probably next week.

[quote=Viggen]
You should try em out if you can get them cheaper than the Grifo’s, the Flexus Primus are even more balleur if you can spend the extra dollhairs, but this is jst a really uneducated guess of mine.
Only other tires I’ve done racing/traning on are Conti Speed king and Race, so yeah go figure…[/quote]
I raced the old Flexus’s BITD , they are tougher than grifos but were kind of slippery when wet. Was kind of wondering how the new tread compares. I can get them for about the same $. Hell it may be a good year to gamble on file treads maybe.

Do it atmo.

Do it, so we’ll get some mud down here.

You were in Boston?[/quote]
For 3 nights for work, I had 2 1/2 hours on one evening free. I’ll be back.

You do it? How was it?

Waiting on spousal approval to spend a little extra money on tubs. Feels dumb man.

Give a shout next time your here with some free time for riding and or food.

Gotta get PO authority, ATMO.

You do it? How was it? [/quote]

Luckily I typed up a email to a co-worker who races cross but missed the preseason race as well:

The heat was a little brutal as was the dust, but it was a fun race. New course this year (or at least last night it was). Even flatter than last year, somehow. All grass except for one tricky 180 turn in a baseball diamond that got really slippery as the race went on. I came in 16th or 17th (out of maybe 30-35?) in the 20 minute first round. Top 20 advanced to the semi-finals. They split each group into two heats for the semi-finals. 10 people went off at a time for a 1-lap heat. Top five advanced. I was sitting in 3rd for the first half of our semi-final lap, then started to fade on this long straight slog of a back section. Slipped back to 7th or 8th, made up one spot through the barriers, then that was that. Was just as happy to not have to do one more dead-sprint lap around the field for the finals.

The course was completely untechnical save for the slow sand and it was pretty short so it ended up being really bunched up racing in the first round with lots of changing of places. Definitely an interesting dynamic that doesn’t usually play out in normal cross races. Even though I was 16 spots back, I finished about 40 seconds off the leader in the first round of the B race. Made me feel pretty good about my fitness.