the fish does road

gary fisher does road bikes.

i really like the steel cross bike - if they made a steel roadie i would buy one for sure. and i’m sorta disappointed they don’t spec anything above 105.

discuss

triton ships with 44/18? wow. that’s a damn narrow pricerange for a line with 6 bikes. i’m not too impressed.

the triton would be sick if it had canti’s

^ that plus rear cable routing on the top of the tt and i’d be in favor of it. that gear ratio would all the sudden make a hell of a lot more sense.

kinda… my motobecane came with 64"(38/16), the triton is 66"(44/18)… I had to go to 57" (38/18) to be halfway decent offroad and on the cross courses…

The fixie ain’t even that bad!!!

All the Gary Fisher road bikes are just re-branded LeMonds (since the Trek/LeMond falling out).

Those bikes are ehhh to me. I’m not sure why. They got no soul. But I guess that’s to be expected from metal and plastic.

for some reason i expected 44/18 to equate to fewer gear inches than that. i actually rode 50/20 fixed for a while because of what i had lying around after a crash, which apparently is about the same, and i was able to get around for a few months…

i still don’t like it.

As I suspected. So basically they’re just Lemonds with a whole lotta ugly on top.

As I suspected. So basically they’re just Lemonds with a whole lotta ugly on top.[/quote]

Yep. Don’t be amazed by these “new” bikes. They’re actually just old bikes with new graphics.

i hate dark green bikes. like, REALLY hate them.

Dark green is awesome. Jim sucks.

somehow i forgot about the lemond split, and was just thinking they were redesigned treks. i’m sure the triton is the same as the armstrong one with the mustache bars.

i was actually kind of digging the top end model with the white up front, and black in the rear. i just hate all the oversized bullshit that comes on modern roadies now.

The bike I bought today is dark green and I really don’t like it. It looks almost black.

WTF? I thought you just bought a black lightning? Am I thinking of someone else?

EDIT - I’m stoned. That was the old Zombie.

What did you get?

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]WTF? I thought you just bought a black lightning? Am I thinking of someone else?

EDIT - I’m stoned. That was the old Zombie.

What did you get?[/quote]

$150 Craigslist buy, I will post pictures of it later. It is some unmarked bike used by VBT (Vermont Bike Touring) so it is plastered with thier logo and crap. Gonna turn it into a SS grocery getter.

thanks for the tip, I can easily get behind this. When it comes time to buy a sport bike I think Fish will be at the top of the list.

edit: FOUR BOLT CRANKS ON A PARTY FOUL? Talk about, uh, um… a party foul.

edit2: forgot to get in on the dark green bike hate. I hate dark green bikes. and color wheel green bikes.