The future of tarck aka Epic Successes

A glimpse into what’s to come for tarck bike… slowly our bikes are morphing and we’ll soon be on a higher plain, along with the fellow who rides this:

He mixes style and comfort with his ergo bar set up, level with his saddle… He never goes anywhere without his frame pump. And he relishes in the comfort of his suspension seat post. This bike is truly the jack of all trades.

Practicality comes to mind, with these cross top levers.

Safety First! Note the king headset… this cyclist knows quality when he sees it.

A triple; for the man of all terrains. Hydration is also important, and nothing is more vertatile than spds (hello spd sandals)

Some old guy rides a bike to work… I don’t get it.

gotta have that chris king bling bling

also i hope that bike is locked up at the top of a mountain

or, wait, are we supposed to use the granny ring all the time???

Id ride that bike… but… only because my bike is the fixed gear equivalent of that bike. sans the rack. and i have a shitty headset.

aerobear is the new bikesnob.

[quote=toast]gotta have that chris king bling bling

also i hope that bike is locked up at the top of a mountain

or, wait, are we supposed to use the granny ring all the time???[/quote]

lloyd center (i went there to find somewhere that sold fake blood. they were all out everywhere. i still need some fake blood).

it was locked up next to two of the shittiest conversions id seen in a while. I wanted to takea pic of all three to contrast them, but the kids on the conversions walked out of the mall before i could get a pic.

haters.

aww

http://aerobear.blogspot.com/

taken :frowning:

[quote=toast]aww

http://aerobear.blogspot.com/

taken :([/quote]

damn.

i predict more steel lugged track bikes with a HED3 x basket collabo

this is a thread?

Thank goodness for compact cranks, because if not I would be rocking a triple. Although, I am getting stronger. What looks cooler: a 28t with a 53/39 crankset or a tighter cluster with a compact crankset?

And I do take my pump everywhere now, but I hide it in a bag.

Oh, damn spds and mtb shoes :facepalm:

its not a huge deal from an aesthetics standpoint
i think a compact gets a better range of gears by a only a few GIs…
59/39x12-25 vs 50/34x11-23

looking up the GIs makes me want to try 53/34 in the mountains next season…
i say keep the compact, maybe do 12-25T with it.
that way theres a more consistent difference between teeth, rather than a standard size crank with huge size differences in the last three teeth

Well we seem to have the part about riding bikes that don’t fit us down already.

I realized the bike is missing a couple things

#1 front pannier rack

#2 clip on aero bars

#3 power tap

I want a nice frame pump, my current mini pump’s frame attachment sucks so I just stick it in my jersey pocket, and that still kind of sucks

Yeah, I don’t mind my own pump’s attachment functionally—it holds the pump in a death grip and even has a velcro strap for backup—but it looks ugly because it’s held on with zip ties and electrical tape underneath to protect the paint. A chrome frame pump looks a lot more classy.

on the gi tip, for over a year now i’ve been using a 53-39 crank with a tiagra 12-25 cassette modded with two extra low mountain gears (28 and 34, replacing some of the closely spaced high gears). For the wide range of purposes I use my bike for this totally works, even though it’s quite an oddball setup.

[quote=GRHebard]its not a huge deal from an aesthetics standpoint
i think a compact gets a better range of gears by a only a few GIs…
59/39x12-25 vs 50/34x11-23

looking up the GIs makes me want to try 53/34 in the mountains next season…
i say keep the compact, maybe do 12-25T with it.
that way theres a more consistent difference between teeth, rather than a standard size crank with huge size differences in the last three teeth[/quote]

Yeah, I will probably do that. I am not quite strong enough to shed the 28t yet (On the days I feel real good I don’t use it). But when I get a new bike next year, I more than likely go 12-25 and 53/34.

53/34? Wow, that’s a big jump.

tarck can do better than that lemond. it is ugly and jackass looking - plus it needs way more headtube and less spacers/steerer extender.