the hour

i think i wanna someday complete an hour on the track

i mean i’m not gunning for anything merckxy or mosery or obree-y. just to do the thing.

how much will this kick my ass? anybody wanna try it too?

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing now that I got a cyclometer, but it wouldn’t be on the track nor on a track bike. I was gonna see how much distance I could cover in one hour solo on a flat road. It’d be cool to try for sure. Will it hurt? Yeah, probably a lot… but I bet not as much as a kilo.

that sounds cool too. if you do it when you’re living back up in portland, i think around lake vancouver area would be a good place to try it.

toast, you should do it on a Windsor “the hour”
they’re built for that event

[quote=doofo]bard guy ^ is right in a way

windsor’s the hour is named for the amount of time each owner will ride the bike before selling it on craigslist

i suppose its possible it could occur straight through but i doubt if that happens often[/quote]

I have like eight hundred miles on mine, I think it took more than an hour

the hubs have been repacked once already and they feel like they’re filled with crunchy peanut butter, but still

i think the point i am trying to make here is that the windsor hour is not the best bicycle ever

[quote=johnnypecans][quote=doofo]bard guy ^ is right in a way

windsor’s the hour is named for the amount of time each owner will ride the bike before selling it on craigslist

i suppose its possible it could occur straight through but i doubt if that happens often[/quote]

I have like eight hundred miles on mine, I think it took more than an hour

the hubs have been repacked once already and they feel like they’re filled with crunchy peanut butter, but still

i think the point i am trying to make here is that the windsor hour is not the best bicycle ever[/quote]
welcome to tarck, johnny. please grab a jar of dicks and have a seat.

and then GTFO.

[quote=kowloon]
welcome to tarck, johnny. please grab a jar of dicks and have a seat.[/quote]

This dude, he’s ok.

[quote=toast]i think i wanna someday complete an hour on the track

i mean i’m not gunning for anything merckxy or mosery or obree-y. just to do the thing.

how much will this kick my ass? anybody wanna try it too?[/quote]

Pushing yourself hard while riding alone on the track is the most mind-numbingly boring and yet excruciatingly difficult thing you can do. My bet is the first time you go at it, you won’t make it 20 minutes before you convince yourself that it’s just stupid and you give up.

That said, I’ve had the same dream. I’d really love to see someone try it. I thought it would be fun to have a day at the velodrome where you could be accurately timed and stuff. They could probably have three people on the track at a time so the timers wouldn’t have to stay awake for 20 hours to time 20 riders. Just make sure no one is drafting.

oh i would absolutely bring someone with me. as many people as possible. i ran track (and field), and solo workouts were pretty crappy.

i want to do this right now. i love hurting myself.

I halfheartedly tried this last year and made it 5 minutes. true story.

If I was really into it, I might have made it 10min.

GTFO!

[quote=GRHebard]toast, you should do it on a Windsor “the hour”
they’re built for that event[/quote]
absolutely, it’s true.

GTFO![/quote]

no, really

mine is definitely not pink enough to be the best bike ever.

for the record when i ride i usually do an hour and i’m too fat to be fast. I cover ~20 miles in my hour, depending on traffic and wind.

FUCK U DEWD. U RIED HERRA SLOW N SHIT

i thought this thread was about if you should buy a windsor.
the answer is yes.

without a doubt.