the look out honey coz im usin technology aka the garmin/powertap/srm thread

Thanks Amy

Do you want HR, Power, Workouts? Get the 810.

Don’t care about that and mostly just want nav? Get Edge Touring.

Mapping on the 810/Touring is badass and I’ve never had an issue with it.

[quote=euflavine]Do you want HR, Power, Workouts? Get the 810.

Don’t care about that and mostly just want nav? Get Edge Touring.

Mapping on the 810/Touring is badass and I’ve never had an issue with it.[/quote]

This… very happy with Edge Touring. All the good shit but for less $$$ coz no Ant.

Thank you
I think I’m set on the edge touring

yellow line is last 28 days, dotted line is all dates

pretty happy with my watts at the moment, considering it’s march, i’m dealing with limited oxygen supply, and i have not followed any real training plan to speak of (other than ride hard & pick out a hard workout on trainer road when there’s snow on the ground)
hoping with some more specificity and a bit more direction in my training I will continue to make some gains and be in real good form this year. and maybe i can avoid breaking a collarbone and get to do some races while i’m in that good form.

Powertap be like, ‘yo, we measure powers everywheres!’

fuckin hyperlink fails

lookin at garmins from germany for silly cheap.
looking at touring+ and 810
I probably won’t ever race but might find HR interesting. $40 interesting I can’t say
is there any other reason to get 810?
I’m not missing anything right? it’s $50 more off the bat and 100 if I want speed and hr.

never mind this was LITERALLY just answered five seconds ago.
ordering edge touring.

Battery life isn’t great, but I like the Magellan Cyclo 505.

[quote=turpencat]
never mind this was LITERALLY just answered five seconds ago.
ordering edge touring.[/quote]
which site did you use?

http://www.bike-discount.de
touring, 810 and 1000 all STUPID cheap right now.

The 1700w mark is eluding me. Help me tarck bear, you’re my only hope.

[quote=turpencat]http://www.bike-discount.de
touring, 810 and 1000 all STUPID cheap right now.[/quote]

wow. That is pretty cheap for the touring. I don’t really need navigation around here and yet I am still tempted.

squats.

No u.

But really, it’s the middle of the season and time is better spent on the bike than in the gym right now.

I’m just going to tell myself you weigh a lot more than me to make myself feel better.

100% sure 1700w would be largely impossible for me. Get me to 1200 first?

But for real, just trying to get volume now. I feel like most of my competitors have had a chance to do a “training camp” somewhere warmer than Ohio and are way ahead on base. First race for me this Sunday, we’ll see how it goes. Numbers are pretty much where they should be, but I don’t feel “in shape” yet.

I posted my watts in w/kg earlier but no one took notice. It’s the only fair way to do it afterall.

@crabbi:

Step 1: big gears and hills prints from the drops. fully recovery. rinse. repeat.
Step 2: high cadence spin ups. get into your 39 x 17 and do an all out 30s sprint. rinse. repeat.
Step 3: practice raising your hands in a big ass y salute.

@aerobear: Tell Kyle from your support team he’s pretty much the best person I know. I was at my wit’s end with my Stages. He hooked me up and I’m gonna give it another go.

I guess @aerobear: will a 6800 stages clear the 2015 TCX Advanced pro chainstay? It looks hella tight (and doesn’t have room for a 10mm like the pics on the stages site suggest).

1700w for what, 5s?

What’s your 5s output at the end of a road race? That’s the real question.

1700w? Doubt I could ever hit that (would be 23.3 w/kg for me, best current 5s is like 17). Fortunately/unfortunately I have a very well-defined type of fitness; 3/4 of my top 10 efforts for power numbers from 1s all the way up to 20s were at the end of 4+ hour road races. I put out the same power at the end of an hour long crit as I do at the end of a long, tough road race. Don’t see myself winning a crit this year from anything but a clever move out of a break, but road races with rough parcours got me jazzed.

Season goal: 20min at 4.7 watts/kg