The Nasbar group?

Saw this on BSNYC…will anyone buy this?

fail

image fail

total fail.

nashbar
bashgnar

I have the nashbar rigid MTB fork. It’s cromo and it works fine.

I got a nashbar front dual pivot brake. The pads were shit but I’m getting some salmon koolstops soon. I probably wouldn’t buy the groupo first.

For some reason I would love to ride a full nashbar bike- frame, groupo, crappy tires, the whole deal.

They used to sell completes back in the day.

i’d like to try out those shifters, but not enough to waste money on them.

and it’s a groupset. gruppo/groupo/grouppo would be italian.

Nashbar’s not Italian?

Gotta be sora, maybe tiagra, quality for that price. Even from nashbar. I can see doing it for a city beater or something. some old cold set steel frame running 1x6 on a spaced out cassette and bullhorns. maybe 50x14-19 or something. Damn. Now I want me some.

[quote=“jim”]i’d like to try out those shifters, but not enough to waste money on them.

and it’s a groupset. gruppo/groupo/grouppo would be italian.[/quo

It’s a group. groupset would be british. :colbert:

I built up that cheep nashbar frame for my friend Zibby with a mix of tiagra and 105 (and a dura ace front deraileur that was unreasonably cheap) and she’s had no complaints thus far.

They look like clones of the Sunrace brifters I posted awhile ago. Probably a design that’s been mass produced for a bunch of different companies, with a few little differences like carbon vs alloy and graphics and such.

If they’re Shimano compatible, they’re worth a try for maybe $100. They’re probably just as good as Tiagra, and you can find Tiagra levers for $150 if you dig deep enough. Hell, I’ve seen 10sp 105’s for $200 somewhere before.

They look like clones of the Sunrace brifters I posted awhile ago. Probably a design that’s been mass produced for a bunch of different companies, with a few little differences like carbon vs alloy and graphics and such.

If they’re Shimano compatible, they’re worth a try for maybe $100. They’re probably just as good as Tiagra, and you can find Tiagra levers for $150 if you dig deep enough. Hell, I’ve seen 10sp 105’s for $200 somewhere before.[/quote]
I sold AndeeK my 10sp 105 brifters for $100.

i’ve heard about nashbar track frames

Nashbar’s selling a “track bike” right now. It certainly looks like garbage.

Every time I see this thread title I think of some bike related panel discussion show where everyone shouts at each other.

the one i’ve heard about is from 1989 and apparently is okay