The NICE Things Pedestrians/Drivers Say And Do For You When You Are On The Road

there is too much car driver bashing. lets hear some nice things peds and drivers have done for you.

so i was riding at the water front today, and an old man, he looked like richard petty haha, REALLY was looking at my bike when i rode by. when i got to the end of the waterfront, i turned around and rode back. by this time, the man was sitting down. he said “i REALLY like that bike”. i replied with “thanks, its a track bike”. and he sorta rolled his eyes and said, “well i know that! haha”.

and another cyclist saw my bike when we were coming towards each other and was like, “whoa, a tall bike” hahahahahaha

lets hear your stories!

A junkie in the Tenderloin told me I had a nice butt.

hey! at the water front a long time ago, i was pulling my shirt down because it started to ride up exposing my boxers and a little back, so i pulled it down, this crack whore was like “no baby, i like seein dat” haha

Haha. I don’t know who gives the best compliments, crackheads or heroin junkies. One time I kicked a crackhead in the boob when I was dismounting. I don’t think she even felt it.

thud

Soccer moms in vans love to honk when you’re poppin a trackstand for a 3 minute light.

“Hey LANCE, you really know how to balance!”
…or something along those lines.

my favorite is when a car is next to me for a bit and suddenly they yell out “27!” or whatever my speed is. I love it.

omg, thats awesome

That is very cool.

[quote=BlissMilitia]Soccer moms in vans love to honk when you’re poppin a trackstand for a 3 minute light.

“Hey LANCE, you really know how to balance!”
…or something along those lines.[/quote]
where i rode today, it was like a highway. well, i was trackstanding in the middle for hella long because there wasnt any cars going when it was green. i lol’d to myself.

My least favorite: “Hey, do a barspin!”

My least favorite;
“Hey, can I try your bike?”

I got hit on by so many junkies in the Tenderloin, but they really loved my football player friend. He made the mistake of wearing a shirt with his name on it out once and he never heard the end of it with people making semi- lewd comments towards him by name.

I always love it now when drivers see me at a 4 way stop and wave me on so I don’t have to put a foot down. At first it used to irritate me, because if they just treated me like a car and went ahead of me, we’d both be through the intersection sooner, but I know they mean well by it.
I once threw my chain and had to move my bike to the sidewalk to work on it. For whatever reason I didn’t have a light to use so it was taking a while. A guy walking his dog came up to me and offered to help, then just waited with me until I got the chain back on. That was pretty cool

working one of the more brutally miserable days this winter i was stopped at a light a block from my house where i was going to change some layers and grab a coffee.

out of know where an old eastern european woman walked up to me and started wrapping me with these two scarves. i declined the offer, but it was ridiculously nice of her.

man, there were a few times this winter despite efforts i was so cold, it was like my brain was frozen - i could barely think straight… sometimes i gotta say. fuck canada.

working one of the more brutally miserable days this winter i was stopped at a light a block from my house where i was going to change some layers and grab a coffee.

out of know where an old eastern european woman walked up to me and started wrapping me with these two scarves. i declined the offer, but it was ridiculously nice of her.

man, there were a few times this winter despite efforts i was so cold, it was like my brain was frozen - i could barely think straight… sometimes i gotta say. fuck canada.

That always brightens up my day.

Someone driving by yelled out “are you ok?” when my front tire blew out and I went over the bars, but they didn’t even slow down so why even bother asking?

thats because the ratio of jackass drivers to nice drivers is about 50 to 1.

thats because the car to bicycle ratio is 100 to 1

no, its just because most drivers that I see whether in the car or on the bike are jackasses.