The Nü Nü Nü People Thread - Your first post goes here

Similar here but I had the good sense to buy the TAF ones.

3 Likes

Live a little, new person.

1 Like

Y’all are lucky there’s no colored text options anymore :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I just realized from a conversation in another thread that this nu folks thread is a good Turing test to keep the Bots out

“You’re walking through the desert and see a Rivendell on its back, what do you do?”

16 Likes

I am also curious what is going on please new people tell us how you arrived
@DTSwissCheese @alp @jaron

1 Like

I’ve been lurking here since at least a few months previous to the new site design. I eventually learned that a lot of the advice on Reddit is bad, BikeForums is too old and cantankerous, and I don’t actually remember any other active bike sites at the moment. The more often you see people recommend Gatorskins, the less likely you should believe anything you are reading. I got tired of pressing on the little “6m” thing to get to new posts then scrolling up until I find stuff I haven’t read yet so I created an account to have it track unread posts for me.

12 Likes

got some terrible news about us, baby

20 Likes

@alp is my online buddy and I pestered them into joining

9 Likes

Maybe but on the plus side none of us are jerks

Or reddit

I needed a weird 3D printed bike part file from @jimmythefly

4 Likes

Uh…. Don’t speak for all of us.

The lower the light is mounted the better it will contrast obstacles and defects in the road surface.

1 Like

Hey @teepz, was that Sellwood “Bunch of Jerks” t-shirt sanctioned by MFS?

5 Likes

lmao no, but fun knockoffs were always welcome. the atmo one was sort of sanctioned since dan chabanov was a friend of the site.

4 Likes

Take the saddle and continue on my way, of course

6 Likes

That’s why you tuck the light under the front rack, as g-d intended.

13 Likes

I used to be against this because it would make using the switch on my light a massive pain but now I’m against it because the cord for the high beam button on the M99 DY Pro (which has no switch on the light and I hate that I can never turn it off for when I want to do something like WALK WITH MY BIKE WITHOUT FLASHING MY LIGHT EVERY SINGLE STEP!!!) is barely long enough already and I don’t want to buy the extension. Also I like that I can take my little blue purse off my bike in about one second without velcro or zip ties. The web of reasoning with my component and accessory choices looks like one of those boards in a detective show with photographs and documents and red lines between everything.

2 Likes

There’s your problem.

2 Likes

20 Likes