the seagull bags saga

???

+?

Because a Timbuk2 could actually kill you, just like eating garbage.

I think thats a bad example, because you can get the nutrients you need from garbage. You just gotta know where to look.

I had a Timbuk2 in college. It was a fine bag. The strap could have been a little beefier (without the pad it dug into the shoulder), but given the price you can get them for on SAC they are a great choice.

Seagull is in my home state of Ohio, so I am pulling for them.

babar you live in ohio?

???[/quote]
my bad
Looks like a left out an important word! It should have read timbuk2 is not a mega corporation… (but they are no longer the small manufacture they once were, when they were all made in SF) and as far as keeping it local, I mean spending our money in a way that will help sustain people who are part of our extended community whether directly or indirectly. Sort of like supporting the LBS rather than buying from bikes direct (just an example) keeping it in your community, rather then giving it to a faceless CEO. Lastly I see cyclist of all types as a subculture of larger society, with many sub- subcultures.

not sure if this addressed the ??? or +? but I tried.

I don’t own a messenger bag. I use the same LL Bean bookbag I’ve had since middle school. You know the ones that you could get your initials on? BSP does just fine for me.

oh fuck yeah. babar is the shit

I prefer barbapapa,

Those things were freaky.

I am from Ohio but I live in Massachusetts.

???[/quote]
my bad
Looks like a left out an important word! It should have read timbuk2 is not a mega corporation… (but they are no longer the small manufacture they once were, when they were all made in SF) and as far as keeping it local, I mean spending our money in a way that will help sustain people who are part of our extended community whether directly or indirectly. Sort of like supporting the LBS rather than buying from bikes direct (just an example) keeping it in your community, rather then giving it to a faceless CEO. Lastly I see cyclist of all types as a subculture of larger society, with many sub- subcultures.

not sure if this addressed the ??? or +? but I tried.[/quote]
all of the tb2 “messenger” bags are still made in sf. only the “laptop” and other bags which would absolutley suck for biking are made offshore.

I just got my seagull, yes!

Post pictures! and I’ll bet it was totally fucking worth the wait?

I’m excited because the chrome metropolis I had just wasn’t quite big enough for what I carry on a daily basis, this thing is like 3900 CuIn. so it should def do the trick.

I’m thinking of making some sort of Cthulhu fish patch to go on it… but maybe a later day

massive.

and the bag is, too!

[quote=“TehScientist”]I’m excited because the chrome metropolis I had just wasn’t quite big enough for what I carry on a daily basis, this thing is like 3900 CuIn. so it should def do the trick.

NICE
Details? what size it that? Standard or deluxe?

thanks,
it’s the gull pro size. Just got some pockets added basically. interior organizer, camera pocket, water bottle pocket, exterior double pockets and such, and a U lock holder.

I just got my Seagull bag after a 3 month wait! It’s the medium sized standard bag. Although the bags holding capacity is more than a large Chrome bag, it’s still a bit smaller.