The Sound of Music... errr....Wind

discuss:

http://www.fubiz.net/blog/index.php?200 ... d-of-music

oh man I really want my bike to whistle while I ride it ALL THE FUCKING TIME

i had my frame strapped to my bag and was riding to the shop and the air going through the headtube and bb made it whistle pretty damn loud.

Let me guess. They’re jus fo decorashun.

I like their slogan: “Enjoy bicycle with sound from wind.”

In all honesty, I can think of a real world use for a similar device. Out in these parts, user conflicts between descending mountain bikers and other trail users is fairly common. Other trail users don’t hear bikes until both parties are too close to safely avoid each other. Many folks, especially the guys on big bikes who live for the descents, ride with bells hanging from their bikes to warn trail users of their approaching velocity. Depending on the tone of whistle, this might be a more pleasing option than the current one which sounds like Santa’s sleigh tumbling down a glass mountain.

I had some unplugged risers that whistled when I went faster that 15 mph…

Do the levers allow you to alter the pitch of the whistle without connecting to brakes? That’d be the ultimate “f you to tha man”

I’m confused. What’s with the translucent frame? And the brakes but no cables?

When bikes are used as fashion accessories, it’s ok for them to be completely impractical or improperly assembeled.

for example:

and

prolly’s site is a goldmine of wonderfulness
head tube extensions are such an amazing idea. It’s a wonder no one figured out how to completely fuck up the handling of a bike in an attempt to do stupid tricks. Oh yeah, they did. It’s called the 650 front wheel. At least with a 650 you can make your bike ride normal again without a headset press.

OK… no sound… but… bubbles! Bubbles that have seeds in them… that fertilize the sidewalk & grow plants!

lol

[quote=“TimArchy”]When bikes are used as fashion accessories, it’s ok for them to be completely impractical or improperly assembeled.

for example:

and

prolly’s site is a goldmine of wonderfulness
head tube extensions are such an amazing idea. It’s a wonder no one figured out how to completely fuck up the handling of a bike in an attempt to do stupid tricks. Oh yeah, they did. It’s called the 650 front wheel. At least with a 650 you can make your bike ride normal again without a headset press.[/quote]

someone should link prolly’s blog, I’d like to read it but dont know how to find it.

That blog sucks.

i’m pretty tired so someone tell me what’s going on with that girl’s bike

Some dumbass at the fashion show installed the fork backward. Then someone took a picture and some other dumbass probably published it on some fashion website not noticing the backward fork.

There was another picture that I was looking for from some asian bike show. A model in a show for Pacific or some other low end frame maker was on a k-mart bike with the suspension fork backward. Couldn’t find it though.

the girl’s saddle is kinda low too…

woop WOOP! but seriously, dont you already hear the wind when youre riding a bike?

[quote=“frankstoneline”]
someone should link prolly’s blog, I’d like to read it but dont know how to find it.[/quote]

It’s the third link in the Wiki for “tarck bike”

Here

http://johnprolly.blogspot.com/

As an aside, this forum is now the 2nd result (behind wiki) for a google search of “tarck bike”