The Tarck as Fuck Bikes Thread

cool looking bike, but there’s no way $2300 is reasonable

I expect to see many on pinkbike in a couple years after all the stock is bought on clearance by shopbros

[quote=oogens]cool looking bike, but there’s no way $2300 is reasonable

I expect to see many on pinkbike in a couple years after all the stock is bought on clearance by shopbros[/quote]

Hot Take: most QBP brands’ models are a massive shopbro scam to get employee pricing + closeout on decent bikes. Can’t make them too amazing or they’d sell out

It’ll have a similar fate to the Log Lady. Super hyped, sold out first run, then sits in the Q catalog until being blown out for 20% off to all the shop bros.

If anyone wants a Log Lady, they’re finally reasonably priced.

This, 100%. There’s a small little hype train around All City that’ll consume the first in the TAF colorways, and there’ll be a big blast of smiling tattooed hipsters on Insta. Then they’ll be restocked at Q and no one will care because anyone who knows shit knows that bike is a rip off and the early adopters were just in it for the colors. It happens with basically everything All City does.

still dumb though. you couldn’t make the log lady cheap enough for me to buy it.

TC: I would rather have a Karate Monkey

$2300 with a sunrace cassette and a Reba

but just in time for Ritchey getting out of the sick fade market

71* STA is terrible

[quote=Tail Hook Lengthener]It may be be a $2300 steel hardtail, but…

[/quote]

Wouldn’t mind setting one up as a HT bike packer once they go on shop bro close out. Blog post mentions a rigid fork option to come as well.

https://allcitycycles.com/blog/introducing_the_electric_queen_or_27.5_hardtail_ripper

https://allcitycycles.com/bikes/electric_queen

$750 for the frame is a normal, fine price.

It pretty much is a Karate Monkey. Except you wold have to run gears. So… you should get it.

It pretty much is a Karate Monkey. Except you wold have to run gears. So… you should get it.[/quote]

brand new karate monkey from store should be like $1500 rigid / $~2000+ hardtail, right? Comes with hydrobrakes and 1x11 sram.

seems like a good deal to me.

tbh seen one of them new KMs and kinda liked it

What’s not to like?

The all city bikes are gonna break.

Not if nobody buys one.

Not if nobody buys one.[/quote]

Not if nobody rides ones.

If all city makes a bike, but no one is around to buy it, does it still break?

If a product drops in the bike industry and no one shows up to Instagram it, it is in a superposition. It is both broken and intact.