The Tarck as Fuck Bikes Thread

Yeah, modern Cannondale’s have the worst paint and design.

eh, none of the big bike companies are doing anything good. That retro paint job shows up how bad the paint and component color selection are for mainstream road bikes these days. My sense is that road bikes got kinda outre paint jobs in the 80’s and 90’s, and then in the 2000’s the style shifted to appeal to tasteless clods who had a scorching case of Lance fever and really wanted a bike that looked like a sports car. The high water mark of all that, about ten years ago, were all the Cervelo/Zipp/Red builds that got fawned over on BikeForums. Mainstream road bike style hasn’t really moved on from that, and aesthetically engaged people have mostly been riding various kinds of dirt bikes since then.

Ain’t that the truth.

Seriously. That’s a stunning scheme/build.

Yeah, modern Cannondale’s have the worst paint and design.[/quote]
They did put out the Cad10 Black Inc which was a Black lightning throwback a couple of years ago. That was a sw8 looking bike, hard to find a classy build though…

I think it’s the OG decals that makes it.

That thing looks great.

Putting the decals on the TT and some of the weirdo custom graphics they did in the late '80s would have really brought the feels for me.

The cannondale classic is such a fucking good idea for a repaint.

Love that blue

In ~2001? Cannondale did a retro version of the R2000 in a greyish brown with top tube decals and skinwall tires. Can’t find any photos online but it was awesome. For some reason I EP’d the yellow version instead? Lame.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bop/d/nice-vintage-60cm-bottecchia/6544512453.html

idk why this wasn’t posted yet.

aw shucks

^ that Cannondale Track repaint belongs to a friend I went to college with/raced bikes/worked with back then. Super rad dude, can vouch he breaks many frames. Bummed I haven’t seen this one in the flesh cuz it’s legit.

pretty stoked for this to drop. think they’re doing a higher spec model as well.

Hell yeah!

Damn.

But for shame how can they not route the front brake like it’s supposed to be routed…? Manitou has done it around the head tube and down to the reversed arch in +10 years, like so:

Helen Wyman’s new bike is pretty sw8.

Joel Metz’s Ira Ryan…so much going on here:

That is dog turd ugly. god damn.