The TDF hype thread

The Cobra is gonna be there

Here are the announced start lists so far.

Saunier Duval-Scott
Juan José Cobo (Sp)
Jesus del Nero (Sp)
Alberto Fernandez de la Puebla (Sp)
David de la Fuente (Sp)
Angel Litu Gomez (Sp)
Josep Jufre (Sp)
Leonardo Piepoli (I)
Riccardo Riccò (I)

Team CSC-Saxo Bank
Fabian Cancellara (Swi)
Carlos Sastre (Spa)
Andy Schleck (Lux)
Fränk Schleck (Lux)
Nicki Sørensen (Den)
Jens Voigt (Ger)
Stuart O’Grady (Aus)
Kurt-Asle Arvesen (Nor)
Volodymir Gustov (Ukr)

Rabobank
Laurens ten Dam (Nl)
Pieter Weening (Nl)
Sebastian Langeveld (Nl)
Koos Moerenhout (Nl)
Bram Tankink (Nl)
Joost Posthuma (Nl)
Denis Menchov (RUS)
Oscar Freire (Sp)
Juan Antonio Flecha (Sp)

Euskaltel-Euskadi
Haimar Zubeldia (Sp)
Samuel Sánchez (Sp)
Mikel Astarloza (Sp)
Rubén Pérez (Sp)
Gorka Verdugo (Sp)
Iñaki Isasi (Sp)
Egoi Martínez (Sp)
Amets Txurruka (Sp)
Juanjo Oroz (Sp)

Gerolsteiner
Robert Forster (G)
Markus Fothen (G)
Bernhard Kohl (A)
Sven Krauss (G)
Sebastian Lang (G)
Ronny Scholz (G)
Stefan Schumacher (G)
Fabian Wegmann (G)
Oliver Zaugg (Swi)

Garmin-Chipotle, presented by H30
Magnus Bäckstedt (S)
Julian Dean (NZ)
Will Frischkorn (USA)
Ryder Hesjedal (Can)
Trent Lowe (Aus)
Martijn Maaskant (Nl)
David Millar (GB)
Danny Pate (USA)
Christian Vande Velde (USA)

Doping, commentators that can’t shut the fuck up about Lance and Letting Levi Ride, Hampton Inn commercials and all I still love this shit.

I might get real interested this year. For about 5 minutes, til I get frustrated with how expensive everything is. Definitely not one of those sports that is more fun to watch than do.

Tour du Suisse had an AWESOME finish!

I’m hoping for a Schleck win.

Me too, but Frank seems a little hit-and-miss lately. I can see Andy on the podium, or at least with the white jersey. Too bad Gesink isn’t in it this year.

The green jersey race should be interesting. With Boonen out it may turn into the Robbie Show again. I’ll be rooting for Frere or Cavendish (assuming he’s riding).

I think Valverde can take it this year if he stays upright.

No picks for KOM yet, but Soler is crazy to watch.

Is Armstrong out?

The late addition of Ricardo Ricco could make for some fun post-stage antics.

Two more. Looks like Cavendish will be getting some good support. No Bennati for Liquigas, but Kreuziger is coming. The white jersey race is going to be epic.

Team Columbia (formerly High Road)
Kim Kirchen (Lux), 29
George Hincapie (USA), 34
Thomas Lövkvist (S), 24
Kanstantsin Sivtsov (Blr), 25
Mark Cavendish (GB), 23
Gerald Ciolek (G), 21
Adam Hansen (Aus), 27
Marcus Burghardt (G), 24
Bernhard Eisel (A), 27

Liquigas
Manuel Beltran (Sp)
Francesco Chicchi (I)
Murilo Fischer (Brz)
Roman Kreuziger (Cz)
Aliaksandr Kuchynski (Blr)
Vincenzo Nibali (I)
Filippo Pozzato (I)
Manuel Quinziato (I)
Frederik Willems (B)

[quote=“bobke from BF”]…I got to the steps to board and nearly froze. From outside in the bright sun, I couldn’t see into the helicopter…

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness inside the 'copter, I saw that none other than Andrew Hampsten was seated directly across from me. “Whoa, Drew baby!” I practically jumped up at seeing a fellow American. “Andy, you slayed today,” I exclaimed in glee. “Did you see LeMond crush these frog dweebs?” I asked.

Andy just kind of nodded, all subdued. As my adjusted further, right next to Andy sat Greg LeMond, gloriously clad in yellow. “Whoa!!” I jumped up for real and grabbed Le Mond by the shoulders, shaking him and screaming, “Greg, you beast! You got the yellow jersey man! You’re going to massacre these Philistines.” I sat down and said, “I was climbin’ with Hinault, and all the Frenchies were pissed that you dropped his sorry ass.”

Just then, my eyes fully adjusted to the darkness and there sat Bernard Hinault himself. Oops. I could’ve crawled under my seat. “Hey Bernie, what’s up?” was about all I could mumble. To make matters worse, the owner of the La Vie Claire team and one of France’s biggest industrialists, Bernard Tapie, was sitting right next to Hinault. Tapie’s script for Hinault to win his sixth Tour de France was about to be rewritten by LeMond.

The door was closed and copter blades started to howl. I looked straight at the drab olive wall and saw stenciled there in big white military letters, “Made in the USA.” “All right, Tapie,” I screamed, “you see this (pointing to the sign)? Made in the USA. Baby, everything is gonna be fine.”

Tapie was not amused, but Greg, Andy, and me all started cracking up. Even Hinault cracked a little smile. We took off in a cloud of dust and the rest, as they say, was cycling history.[/quote]

“This is my body and I can do whatever i want to it, I can push it, Study it, Tweak it, Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what i’m on. What Am I On? I’m on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What Are You On?” -Lance Armstrong

What a lame thing to say. I’m on caffeine and burritos.

p.s. Armstrong is a wang.