Tiny bikes

…with tiny front wheels. Anyone know anything about these, or tiny bikes in general?

littledaft a bike before the sun comes out, or I won’t be able to hang out with her. There’s one of these at the co-op and I think it’s sufficiently tiny for her, but how do I make her more interested?

How small is she?

Terrys are made specifically for women. I believe that’s a 24" front wheel.

as far as getting a kid into cycling, I have no idea.

Make sure she selects a decent bike that fits her that isn’t a total boat anchor or mechanically shitty. Otherwise, STFU.
Be prepared to adjust your riding to suit what she wants to do on a bike.

The bike itself seems pretty good and it’s only $150. I’ve checked it out before when I wasn’t with her and it’s plenty light with decent components. Better than most mixtes and such in the same size. She’s 5’2 or 5’3 with 28" inseam. I think we’re going to check it out later this week. She seems sorta interested, but I just don’t want it to seem like I’m forcing my hobbies/lifestyle on her.

At her height it will be difficult (but not impossible) to find another decent bike for that kinda dough.

If you get the sense she’s feeling pressured about it, all you can do is back off. Better to not buy it than have it sit around unridden with both of you feeling weird about it.

Terry was famous for it, Bianchi and i think a few other brands did it too. For keeping a level top tube and 700c rear wheel on a tiny bike. I doubt you’d be able to find many 24" (ROAD) tires and tubes locally, but it’s not that hard to pick up a couple spares online.

Also, relevant to title of thread, this biek:

42cm c-c seattube, 51 effective toptube, 26" or so standover in middle of top tube. 650c.

Centurion did one as well, gerund owned/owns one

Kinda OT, but this little guy was sitting in the vestibule of the bike shop the other day.
Giant Kevin for comparison.

that is so awesome.

Friend of mine has one of those Terrys. It’s decent. If you can get one for $150, I say, go for it.

100000000 tarck points if you go to the bay are and have the tiny bike in a picture with sol’s tall biek.

Yes, get the Terry the let her do her thing.

OT

[quote=DaddyBear]Yes, get the Terry the let her do her thing.

OT

wat

[quote=DaddyBear]Yes, get the Terry, then let her do her thing.

OT

Also, NINE YEARS OLD!

Holy shit.

again around 1:40

Earlier in the year he did Mt Evans

I can’t tell if we’re talking about crunky’s wife, mistress, gf, or daughter. In any case, buy the terry.

[quote=Rusty Piton]Kinda OT, but this little guy was sitting in the vestibule of the bike shop the other day.
Giant Kevin for comparison.

[/quote]

That bike is amazing. I want to put it in my pocket.

Yeah, check out how big the derailleur looks on that thing.