tour de donut nov. 2

go with me f[color=#000000]agn[/color]uts i need people to ride with.

[quote]
The Tour de Donut is a unique bicycle race where riders embark on an appetizing 28-mile journey beginning at the Katy Mills Mall (in Katy, Texas of course!) with rest stops along the way serving as many delectable donuts as you can eat.

For EACH tasty donut that a rider consumes, the rider is awarded a tempting 5-minute time credit.

Eat enough delicious donuts, and you can finish the race before you even started!

In addition to this mouth-watering challenge, riders can also ride the 55-mile course (also starting at the Katy Mills Sun & Ski Sports Store in Katy, Texas) which is an BP MS 150 recommended Ride.
And yes, there are donuts for this route as well!!

NEW FOR 2008! THE FAMILY RIDE

Come join us for the first Family Fun Ride. A short family-friendly course (ride at a pace of your choosing) which is safe and fun for the entire family. It will be a great way to introduce your kids…or even yourself…to the sport of cycling. The cost is $15 per rider for preregistration. [/quote]

it’s not next year it’s this year!!!
I may not be able to ride very fast, but i can eat a gang of donuts.

and i dont have to request off since it’ll end before noon and i work at noon

Devour donuts, then ride bikes, then devour donuts?!!? Man, I wish (for once) I was in Texas!! Take photos, report back.

I will be going, Francis! I told you this! Brad too and possibly Andee if she comes down.

Dani is volunteering at one of the donut stops too.

I’m looking to do the 55 mile course though. Are you down?

i have to work, and i dont have gears.

Booo, no matter. Still oughta be fun. I invited Chaba, maybe she’ll do the 28 with you. Or maybe Hanjin will.

I’m doing it. I’ve gotta borrow a road bike with gears or ride my 70’s Bianchi Premio. It weighs a ton!! But it’s bright yellow.

Dude, 55 shouldn’t take you any more than 3 hours tops. That is, unless, you AREN’T tarck as fuck. I’m not sayin’ you aren’t, I’m just sayin’.

yea but 55 miles on a fixed gear is tough on someone who’s unhealthy and has to go to work an hour after he does it.

i’m just sayin…

Then do the 28 miles fixed. I’ll do that with you fixed, and I’ll cram a few donuts in my pie hole as well.

He can definitely do that one, he’s ridden 21 miles at a good pace. I seen him do it!

What a buncha’ softies!

Maybe, but the 55mile ride has no donut stops!!?? And Each lovely sugar ring is 5min. off your total time. It doesn’t matter to me 55miles or 28miles fixed or geared. I just wanna eat some donuts!!

Maybe, but the 55mile ride has no donut stops!!?? And Each lovely sugar ring is 5min. off your total time. It doesn’t matter to me 55miles or 28miles fixed or geared. I just wanna eat some donuts!![/quote]
I’m doing the 55.

There are donuts.

I will be eating them.

Then probably promptly expelling them on the side of the road somewhere.

I’ll probably do the 55 fixed. So I will be right there with you throwing them while riding though

les aren’t you from austin? are you just gonna be stopping into town for this or are you visiting for the weekend?

i’m thinking about doing it…but there will be no donuts for me. :colbert:

MOAR DONUTS 4 ME

OM NOM NOM NOM

my girlfriends parents live in Houston, so we will probably go and visit them, do the ride, and then come back to Austin. She loves Shipley donuts, so that is her motivation. There is only one in Austin :colbert:

I wonder how far negative I could get my time on my road bike. I loves me some donuts.

I will be doing this on my single speed :stuck_out_tongue:

so i’ll be there purging whatever i can to pick up speed on the side of the road.