Track and Road Season 2011

Now until March - 100 miles per week and getting certified at Hellyer
March until lord knows - depends on how much time I can put towards track racing

big plans man.

gunnin for that top spot at the velo vulture

and

puking on tabor

I just came up with a plan, get fast enough that I don’t feel like a jackass for riding on a Zipp track disc that I picked up awhile back.

Should I go out from day 1 with my carbon tubie front + zipp disc and pull terrible times?

Nah, dude. Leave the Zipp disc at home for a few.

I’m thinking 'bout racing track. Given my body composition, it’s really my only chance at being competitive.

Do it brother.

[quote=halbritt]Nah, dude. Leave the Zipp disc at home for a few.

I’m thinking 'bout racing track. Given my body composition, it’s really my only chance at being competitive.[/quote]

I can’t remember how old you are… you old enough to race masters?

[quote=aerobear][quote=halbritt]Nah, dude. Leave the Zipp disc at home for a few.

I’m thinking 'bout racing track. Given my body composition, it’s really my only chance at being competitive.[/quote]

I can’t remember how old you are… you old enough to race masters?[/quote]

37 and yes.

Also, if there were more crits for old, slow, fat people like myself, I feel certain I could win them all.

Is there a masters night at hellyer? Are you gonna show up and beat up on some old guys?

hellyer looked like tons of fun when I was there. DO IT. I forget what the banking is there.

I’ve never been competitive before, but this season’s shaping up to be fun. I’m not interested in long roadraces, but I’m hopefully going to do Crits with Greg, and XC mountain races with my friend Chris who’s an expert level downhiller. Both will kick my ass and between the two I think my cyclocross skeels will improve, which is the real goal, as assbackwards as that sounds.

My training will be work, riding for fun, touring, and watching the resident evil series while riding rollers.

hell yah.

fuck yeah Masters.

If by “old guys” you are referring to Ian, then yeah.

If by “old guys” you are referring to Ian, then yeah.[/quote]

you motherfucker!!

no rollers or trainer so my plan is to just actually ride when i can.

you motherfucker!![/quote]

I’m gon’ need an arch-rival. It might as well be you.

you motherfucker!![/quote]

I’m old too.

Edit: I’d like to get into track racing as well. Sounds like we could all have some fun.

Lots of old guys race track… Theres a guy in our training group who is like 64 or 65. He works at a local shop and does bike fits. There’s another guy over 55 (he beat me in match sprints one time ) who just started training with us. At the national level masters starts at 30 though I hear they might get rid of the 30-34 age group at masters track nationals next year.

i’m trying for 10,000 miles in 2010.

edit: i have no interest in any type of racing whatsoever.

As I said earlier, I’d rather eat foods covered in chocolate.

i like to eat foods covered in chocolate, still gonna race.