Traditional Bend Short and Shallows

Is there anything out there of comparable quality that can beat this price? Or maybe there’s a better bar I should know about?

http://www.modernbike.com/itemgroup.asp?igpk=2126176110&TID=367

if you can find a cinelli stem…

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping ... egory=2786

No. That’s a VERY good price on a VERY good bar. All kinds of guys from Lance Armstrong to Bruno Risi have won races on that bar. Light and stiff. Deda makes the best bars.

I hear Deda Bars aren’t so great with Shimano shifters, and work much better with Campy (as far as comfort goes).

I’ve been eyeing Ritchey WCS Traditional bends and FSA Energy Traditionals. Traditional FTW for sure…

It looks like you’d have to turn them up a lot to get a good transition onto a shimano hood. The the drops would be pointing at the rear der.

how about Salsa’s stuff?

[quote=“TimArchy”]
how about Salsa’s stuff?[/quote]

At this point I’m pretty sure the Dedas will serve my purposes well. I plan to use these bars on a 'cross bike with one Campy brifter and one regular aero lever.

[quote=“TimArchy”]It looks like you’d have to turn them up a lot to get a good transition onto a shimano hood. The the drops would be pointing at the rear der.

how about Salsa’s stuff?[/quote]

This was my experience.

Ahh for road… that changes everything. The WCS shallows will work better with STI (and I have heard the new 3t shallows do as well).

The deda ones can be made to work with shimano just fine but it requires some creative stuff. I learned that what many shimano sponsored riders would do to is take a piece of old bar tape or even tire to build up the valley that forms between the body of the sti shifter and the sweetspot on the bar. I know a few guys that have used this technique to make the dead bar work VERY well with current sti levers.

I considered doing this with Deda bars, but got a cheap set of FSA K-wing bars that I’m loving. Given that the OP said he’d be using a Campy brifter, I suspect that they’ll work fine.

[quote=“bradencbc”]Ahh for road… that changes everything. The WCS shallows will work better with STI (and I have heard the new 3t shallows do as well).

The deda ones can be made to work with shimano just fine but it requires some creative stuff. I learned that what many shimano sponsored riders would do to is take a piece of old bar tape or even tire to build up the valley that forms between the body of the sti shifter and the sweetspot on the bar. I know a few guys that have used this technique to make the dead bar work VERY well with current sti levers.[/quote]

I’ve done this with my ritchey bars. I still have to tilt them up more than I’d like, but it works.

Zombie I have some traditional bend short and shallows with no cable grooves you can have for free.

this.

Pretty sure these suckers are steel. They in’t 3ttt like i remembered, KB Japan champion, which is prolly some stock low end nishiki deal.
I think they might be steel.

try a magnet?

Interesting shape though.

those are Randonneur bars. I like them, but dont know if they are what you are looking for

fuck those bars actually. they’re crap.

I love my randonneur bars. Why are those ones crap?

They’re bent in. Aluminum but they’ve been crashed on or something, plus the barcon.

i have those bars w/sora brifters on them - found them on craigslist for a great deal. i love them a lot, and haven’t noticed any discomfort from my shifter setup - which is the standard non-jacked setup.