Tri Spokes can be trued

Well, rear HED3’s and Specialized Tri Spokes since they were interchangeable front/rear, apparently. Front HED3’s, no.

I called HED about it today. It costs about $50 with the shipping, but it’s possible with a shimming mechanism. Don’t believe me? I wouldn’t believe me either, but I talked to them firsthand. Tarck biking as we know it will never be the same.

Rad. My Specialized has been thrown down one or two too many stairs.

good to know
thanks

it sounds more like they are just readjusting the hub if the mounting hole gets distorted, maybe? i can’t imagine how a shim could change one of the actual mags.

any ideas why they can do a front HED3?

Why can’t trispokes be trued?

Because they’re ALL LIES!!! ALL OF THEM!!!

…get some sleep blicks.

[quote=“pascal”]it sounds more like they are just readjusting the hub if the mounting hole gets distorted, maybe? i can’t imagine how a shim could change one of the actual mags.

any ideas why they can do a front HED3?[/quote]

Huh. I said front HED3’s can’t be trued. Rear HED3’s can, Specialized Tri Spokes can. Ask HED for specific details. When I don’t understand how things work, I tend to forget them. Main thing I remember is a shimming mechanism to true it, but I’m no engineer…

why can’t

you just put them in the freezer guy, just like old school bmx mags.

No dude!
You preheat the oven to 450 and throw the wheel (sans tube and tire) in there for five minutes, pull it out and dunk it in a tub of cold water. That’s how you true a trispoke. I don’t know what the hell nicotina’s taliking about. Shimming device? That’s just assinine!!!

No no no, you put them in backwards. Put enough miles on them and things will even out.

Sometimes when I pull mine out of the oven, I throw it on an anvel and slam it a few times with a hammer to bring it back to true and then dunk it and the contraction of the temp change pulls it the rest of the way perfectly straight.

That makes too much sense to be anything but true

Right?
Too bad I made it up.

Damn, this was going to be my joke from the moment I read the thread title.

don’t forget about z rims

sproing!

Damn, this was going to be my joke from the moment I read the thread title.[/quote]

looks like i’m third in line then.

[quote=“dooktruck”]don’t forget about z rims

[/quote]

If they remanufactured those in 700c I bet they’d be nice for polo. Either that or it would be horrible and would be all floppy like a rubber dildo.