true confessions (but mostly stealth braggin')

I hear 'ya. Try working in the bike industry, especially mid-summer. Ride a bike back and forth to work, to go work on other people’s bikes, people who get paid much more than you and have luxuries like “vacations” and “time off” of work. That’ll suck the wind outta your sails.[/quote]

This.

I even stopped racing because of it. I would get so many questions and requests for last second pre-race repairs that I had no time to prepare for the race, myself. Really started to take the fun out of riding/racing, for me.

[quote=DumbJim]
Let’s do a day trip out to Pedernales before summer. It’s super mellow and real nice, plus the river access is always good.[/quote]
Yes let’s keep this in our thoughts

[quote=deadforkinglast]TC I had a couple of beers before putting a basket on my tenderhole and ended up putting it on off-center.
TC Today I caught myself trying to justify leaving it off-center to avoid cutting 10 zip-ties, centering the basket and reattaching with 10 more zip ties.[/quote]

TC: I put my basket on dead center and it revealed that my handlebars were slightly askew. FFFFFFF

[quote=ShartAttack][quote=DumbJim]
Let’s do a day trip out to Pedernales before summer. It’s super mellow and real nice, plus the river access is always good.[/quote]
Yes let’s keep this in our thoughts[/quote]

I can’t remember the last time I went on a ride that lasted for more than 2 hours.

TC: I’ve been riding my flat bar fixie with a mess bag and chrome hip pouch around all the time recently and its honestly so much fun, except when I fill my bag up with the amount of groceries I’m used to being able to just throw in a basket and remember how uncomfortable a full bag is.

I really want to pull the sweet fixie out of storage for this exact reason.
I’d stand in front of all the parts on the table in front of me and say “We’re getting the fixie back together” in my best Blues Brothers imitation.

get someone to film you saying it, and then timelapse you putting the fixie back together. And then have a sweet shot of you riding off into the sunset, followed by you looking all tired and sweaty walking it up a hill.

TC was looking at steamrollers in the Q catalog and thinking about it, but I’m not willing to spend money on a single speed with my oldmanbod.

[quote=eric_ssucks]

TC was looking at steamrollers in the Q catalog and thinking about it, but I’m not willing to spend money on a single speed with my oldmanbod.[/quote]

You guys copying me?

[quote=mdilthey][quote=eric_ssucks]

TC was looking at steamrollers in the Q catalog and thinking about it, but I’m not willing to spend money on a single speed with my oldmanbod.[/quote]

You guys copying me?[/quote]

Yep. None of us have ever had single speed/fixed gear bikes.

[quote=mdilthey][quote=eric_ssucks]

You guys copying me?[/quote]

lollin

Lookin forward to fixie biking soon.

Got a huge stsh of old tires for it too

Shop just took in a raleigh back alley on trade, and the one mechanic living the fixie lyfe wanted to bring it to my attention, coz size 58.
“It is setup to do barspins now,” he says.

[quote=lwkwafi]Shop just took in a raleigh back alley on trade, and the one mechanic living the fixie lyfe wanted to bring it to my attention, coz size 58.
“It is setup to do barspins now,” he says.[/quote]

A college kid I know built up a very jackass fixed gear and I spent 30 minutes yesterday attempting barspins on it

I can’t ride my fixed gear bike anymore because its tires are too skinny

TC everyone should have a steamroller if they live in an urban or semi-urban environment.

fun bikes are fun.

My steamroller is the one bike I’m super happy I sold.

Yall just jealous. I have 2 track bikes right now and I’m on the active hunt for a 3rd.

Have zero regrets about selling my track bikes. I can always put a track cog on my clincher Pompino wheelset if I ever get the urge to sw8 fixie again.

I’ve been riding a trashbar sscx bike with 32c roobay tires and fenders. It’s functional, it works, it’s comfortable. it’s boring. It’s like a bike honda accord.

I got the davidson, not really knowing why since I already had a single speed bike, but these skinny tubed, skinny tired track bikes are fantastic fun. stupid fuckin skids everywhere like I was trying to roll a tub off. I’m hoping to talk a friend at school into going to boulder velodrome this upcoming season for shits and giggles, but I’m having fun just fuckin around on the dirt roads around my apartment

Straws is right atmo