true confessions (but mostly stealth braggin')

million dollar idea: translucent tubeless tires

On the solstices and equinoxes. I work it into my pagan rituals.

When you flat or it doesn’t hold overnight.

This is actually pretty legit.

Lots of fatbike users use clear tape, so you can check the sealant through the massive holes where they removed material from the rim.

Lots of fatbike users use clear tape, so you can check the sealant through the massive holes where they removed material from the rim.[/quote]

I need this on my rabbit holes.

TC I miss riding around with a front basket so much. Aside from not being on-trend anymore, going from basket life to non-basket life is a noticeable downgrade.
TC shopping for bike shit again so I can add a $24 basket to a bike

I am definitely converting to bike centered paganism.

Basketlife is decidedly on trend in NYC

I need to get into this. Haven’t checked sealant on my roadie for ~9 months…

i never check the sealant i just add an ounce or two like every six months. YOLO

Same in Seattle, but that’s a little less surprising.

Im just gonna follow this rough schedule for my sealant updates.

Hey can we talk about something tubeless for a second

I converted my fat bike wheels to tubeless but I never ride them because they are fat bike wheels. One of them holds air fine and deflates over time about like I would expect, but the other one stays aired up pretty good over say 24 hours but if I ignore it for a week it is almost completely flat next time I check. I think riding it more would probably seal it up better, but is this basically what tubeless life is like?

When things aren’t sealed perfectly? Yes. Could be tape, valve a little loose, etc.
It is important to check on them a lot the first week to make sure it all seals, then it is just general airing up when needed. Even my fat bike, which is pretty much all flat now.
But my commuter is tubeless and I fill them once every 2 weeks or so.

My tubeless’d roadie that I hardly ever ride will only lose ~10% pressure a month. Haven’t checked the sealant in about a year, just top up the air before I ride it…

I’ve been commuting on a bike with SPD pedals in regular shoes for months.

You monster.

I love you.

Also I don’t believe you.

I ride to work on road pedals in sneakers at least 2-3x a week when I’m road biking. I keep my clip in shoes at work.
It’s faster and I don’t have to deal with my gravel driveway in road shoes.