true confessions (but mostly stealth braggin')

He def wore socks. But insisted on bobo MKS flats cause :grant:

And put 650b wheels on a 26" non-disc LHT with those goofball adjustable Paul V brakes. So… there’s that.

Yeah, sounds like a kook. With Race Face Chesters and socks & Crocs, I have no troubles.

oh yeah, this is a problem if you dont own any waterproof shoes, which i don’t.
i even tried those dumb expensive showers pass expensive bags you ziped over your street shoes. they sucked bad.
have totes rocked plastic bags over my shoes many times in pdx. rubber bands on the ankles.
then i moved away from the rain.

What kind insoles? Everything I’ve tried in Vans never really fit right.

Thee fugn woorst

What kind insoles? Everything I’ve tried in Vans never really fit right.[/quote]

The Pro line has removable insoles and I just threw some Soles in there.

After riding the Tarckyon for a few months, I noticed the brake levers were rotated too far forward and it was hard to use them with the basket. “Gosh, that was some amateur setup, Doug” I think as I rotate them back down again.

A couple months later, the same problem happens again. “Didn’t I fix this already? So dumb” I think as I rotate them back again.

And another couple months later and the levers are back in the same position. This time I notice how rotated the bell is. “OH!” I think. I under-torqued the stem pinch bolt and ever time I apply DougPower to the bike with a heavy load in the basket the bars are rotating backwards. Rotate everything back into space and tighten everything down.

DougPower to wattz conversion chart Tarckshoop?

Excel sheet with formulas.

Tarck, Tarck. We traced the fredliness! It’s coming from inside the site! Do you hear me? It’s coming from inside the site!

You need to get out!

Tarck?

TC: I am supposed to be helping my dad sell his late-80’s Davidson, but I have been too sentimental about it to seriously do it, even though he hasn’t ridden it in years and can’t even theoretically ride it anymore since his back surgery. It’s too big for me and too small for my brother and should, by all rights, go to someone who will ride it, but I am having a hard time letting go. It was always the coolest bike in the world to me when I was a little kid and I still like looking at it, which is a dumb reason to keep a bike, but I’m kinda dumb sometimes.

Bikes are dumb. If we didn’t all have some kinds of irrational sentimentality for them, we’d realize that and find some better way to waste our money.

You can’t take the Davison? I got my dad’s merckx that way.

If it fit me, there’d be no problem, but I’m a lot shorter than my dad and brother is a fair bit taller, so it doesn’t fit any of us.

My brother sold (for cheap) a similarly sentimental bike that didn’t fit any of us to a friend who has ridden it almost every day since. Best fate for a rad bike, atmo.

TC I rode by a group of college-age kids on sw8 fixies, most of them brakeless with uncut 29"-30" mtb riser bars and I suddenly wanted a brakeless sw8 fixie hella badly.

Has this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTEWIiFPDN4 aged well?

tc: i miss it. I remember thinking that video was so fuggin cool when I first saw it (just started college, was just getting into bikes). also miss that version of SF (post dotcom recession, pre startup VC money craziness, was taking high-school classes at academy of art and used to bum around between and after classes with other high school nerds getting a first taste of that post-hs independence).

Think i’ll go fixie about tomorrow

Word. I miss sw8 fixies and SF the way I remember them from being 19 (and the way I’m not positive either ever necessarily was).

i still love that mash trailer. i also thought it was THE coolest thing in the world.
damn it now i want a sw8 fixie again.

TC: I’d never really known what Rivnuts were, but had tacitly assumed Grant Petersen was their inventor, like special nuts you get from Rivendell. Turns out they’re… pretty commonly used in a lot of industries

Nothing else to add, just wanted to get this off my chest.