Truly Bombproof Hubs

You should see the size of my legs. I can generate massive amounts of torque! WOO!

If F=m*a (force, mass, acceleration), then consider the amount of negative acceleration that can occur when stopping a mountain bike with a 6-bolt iso disc and the resultant forces. I can go from about 40mph to zero with a front disc as quickly as traction and leverage allow. I doubt I could accelerate quite as quickly. My point is that the forces are the same and I’ve never heard of a 6-bolt hub failing in an impressive way.

They’re great until they delaminate or fall apart.[/quote]
I’ve wanted a set of those since I first laid eyes on them, but I’ve passed them up every time because I value my face.

at least unlike the mavic wheels,. when one of those disintigrated, you’d still have at least the quick release holding both sets of spokes together…

It’s a little more effort to pick my way through the bombs on the road on my commute route, but I find that it’s worth it.

lol

You should see the size of my legs. I can generate massive amounts of torque! WOO!

If F=m*a (force, mass, acceleration), then consider the amount of negative acceleration that can occur when stopping a mountain bike with a 6-bolt iso disc and the resultant forces. I can go from about 40mph to zero with a front disc as quickly as traction and leverage allow. I doubt I could accelerate quite as quickly. My point is that the forces are the same and I’ve never heard of a 6-bolt hub failing in an impressive way.[/quote]
Beat to the “if downhill MTB with 12 rotor and insane stopping forces hasn’t done it”…

Learn to install a cog and lockring correctly and you arent going to need any of this stuff.
is it really that hard?

WAIT, FUCK ALL THE ABOVE POSTS, SOMEBODY BOMB TESTED THESE?!?

Fuck yeah dude, they sent in robots and shit.

This is just another step in the anti-thread conspiracy. First it was quick releases, eliminating the need for threaded bolt-on hubs on many bikes. Then came thread-less headsets and press-fit bottom brackets. Now they’re trying to minimize the role of threaded parts on track hubs. Soon, bicycles won’t be assembled so much as just pushed together.

i’m on the lookout for a good pair of spd-compatible shoes without threads, something like these.

insert tab D into slot B

only a three star rating