turn sandwiches of NAHBS 2013

Fucking gripshift on the aero bars???

rohloff, bro

Doesn’t matter, if the best place you can find to mount your shifter requires you to take your hands off your handlebars on a mountain bike, and then reach forward and under an aero bar pad, you need to rethink using a rohloff.

Which is besides the point that there are rohloff shifters that will mount on drop bars

http://www.co-motion.com/index.php/product/rohloff-shifter

That moots is idiotic

The trail maintenance moots with the chainsaw and whatnot is pretty sweet. Not that anyone should ever buy and ride it, it’s just a more interesting extension of show bike jackoffery than other such modes imo

dbl chainsaws

[quote=Sneaky Viking]this has the potential to be badass, but there are also indicators that it may mark the emergence of the adventurefop chariot

[/quote]

hahaha they gutted a pair of Di2 levers to use as single levers

[quote=Roxy]http://www.flickr.com/photos/xvelodesigns/8499811170/in/set-72157632831208911/

the heck is going on with the alfine crank?[/quote]

has an integrated plastic chainguard on the outside of the big ring

[quote=Dirty Sanchez][quote=Sneaky Viking]this has the potential to be badass, but there are also indicators that it may mark the emergence of the adventurefop chariot

[/quote]

hahaha they gutted a pair of Di2 levers to use as single levers[/quote]

Just to be fair, I talked to this guy for a bit today, and this bike will be getting ridden. He hasn’t even had a chance to ride it, and it’s in show bike status. Many fucks will be ridden out of this bike.

So. Many. Useless. Bikes.

Oh, and these levers:

The show could do with less ‘levelling up’ in an attempt to attract judges’ / customers’ eyes with OTT shiny / ‘features’ etc.

That said, Rob’s TT bike is outtacontrol and I hope he gets the record he’s gunning for on it.

Blakey! Did you not see my post in the Dumb Questions thread?

not one but two hard softride bikes? what a shit show

i think the saddle might need to be a bit further back

Jesus fuck.

One would think they might have considered looking at a bike before starting their artisanal bike company.

In no way am I saying that the bike is cool, but the skill that went into that bike was pretty impressive to look at.

This is the problem. Nahbs is becoming more about crazy bikes and less about well made, useful bikes. Or, at least that’s what the bike bloggers are leading us to believe.

[quote=curiousincident]not one but two hard softride bikes? what a shit show

i think the saddle might need to be a bit further back[/quote]
This is honestly so fucking crazy that I don’t give a fuck how useless it is. That is a rad metal sculpture that might even be a little bit functional. Or not. Who cares? If we are going to see useless bikes, I’d rather see fucking crazy shit like that than almost useful artisanal $7000 grocery getters with di2 and a pseudo-porteur rack that get every detail just a little bit wrong.

If you’re gonna fail hard, at least go big.

it looks like they glanced at a softride, a fs mtn bike with dirtdrops, and a sweet fixie for the bar treatment.

Why aren’t frame builders listening to Tarck bike instead of their stupid customers with pockets full of money

Oh