Used Brooks Saddle?

How bad of an idea is it to buy a used Brooks saddle? Obv leather breaks in… just curious?

Also any of you with the honey colored ones… how dark did they end up getting after proofiding them?

Terrble idea. Nobody got an ass just like yours, plus they could’ve let it get rained on n’ ruined. Also,I fart on mine ALL the time and teh odors get absorbed and stuff. I can’t be the only one does this.

i got a used one with the oneway i got from josh. it’s soft, i’m not too concerned about it being molded to his ass or anything. doable.

but a bunch of british sites (wiggle, ribble, totalcycling) have new basic b17s for ~50 shipped, so that might be as much as you’re trying to spend

I got a professional that came on a PX10 I bought for 50 bucks. I’m about to go put it on my conversion right now. I’ll let you know how it works out.

Also, I bought an NOS Wrights W3N, which is basically a cheaper copy of a B17, and the leather is hard as a rock. should I just slather on hella proofide or use some kind of oil to soften it?

i think linseed oil is the softener of choice

but i’m not the expert by any means

hella used or slightly used?

I dunno WTF the deal is, but really strenuous cycling fucks up my gutty-works and gives me crazy wet gas. Don’t buy used bibs.

Glad I’m not the only one. Also, sound advice.

Good call on those UK sites… for some reason (because I’m a dumbass) I only checked PBK.

Next question… anyone have the honey and did it darken?

edit: F- I already asked this.

Yes, and yes. With lots of proofide it turns brown.

Glad I’m not the only one. Also, sound advice.[/quote]

This happens in my life.

I’ve got two used ones, and they’ve worked out fine. they don’t necessarily mold to someone else’s ass, they just break in. I think it’s a great idea, judging from my personal experience. The professional and B17 saddles I have work rather nicely.

AND, as far as care for the leather goes, always use the brooks proofide. most everything else isn’t made for the saddles, thus, won’t protect and seal it in the way it’s meant to be.

butt cheeksplosion is imminent!!!
DO NOT BUY SECOND HAND1111

[quote=frankstoneline]butt cheeksplosion is imminent!!!
DO NOT BUY SECOND HAND1111[/quote]
If you’re serious about this, I’d like to know why. You seem very positive that used brooks is NOT the way to go.

[quote=magicole][quote=frankstoneline]butt cheeksplosion is imminent!!!
If you’re serious about this, I’d like to know why. You seem very positive that used brooks is NOT the way to go.[/quote]

the sarcasm, it does not transmit.
Drop yo buns on whatever you please.

i’m a big fan of used bibs

just not a big fan of thinking about what it all entails

but money-wise, hell yes

also fuck proofide, sno-seal is where it’s at

[quote=frankstoneline][quote=magicole][quote=frankstoneline]butt cheeksplosion is imminent!!!
If you’re serious about this, I’d like to know why. You seem very positive that used brooks is NOT the way to go.[/quote]

Drop yo buns on whatever you please.[/quote]
dewd. totally understandable. I was only taking it sneeriously because of some hints at people not liking the used idea.

[quote=magicole][quote=frankstoneline][quote=magicole][quote=frankstoneline]butt cheeksplosion is imminent!!!

Drop yo buns on whatever you please.[/quote]
dewd. totally understandable. I was only taking it sneeriously because of some hints at people not liking the used idea.[/quote]

I guess if your heiny is super sensitive or something, it might be worth finding a new one, but leather will re-form some so I’d think you’d be ok.

hahah I love this. Especially the fact that it wasn’t even my original question. Thanks for the answers, though. My brooks (that I broke in) was stolen, and to replace it I got a used one. Good to know everyone’s opinions on it. Hopefully it helps the dude who started this thread.

is proofhide necessary for a saddle that will never see rain?